How old is your Buck 110 ?

First one i bought back in '88 or '89, it disappeared a few years later, bought another one back in 2000, then 3 years ago , came across one with a drop point blade and oak handles, use both on countless animals.

My Dad gave me one just like his in the mid 80s. His is a lot older or at least it seemed that way.

9FA025FB-71E1-44E4-9AF2-85E445F11C4B.jpegMid sixties. Maybe 1968. I worked on Sportfishing boats in San Diego. Buck used to fish with us and he would bring us a few for tips. Also he was developing fillet knifes and gave us handfuls. The blades didn’t like side flexing and we broke most of those.
I brought my original into their shop in Santee CA in the early 80’s for sharpening (They used to do it for free)
I had altered the handle. The woman at the reception desk looked at it and called someone out of a back office to see it. D915FDB2-E8C0-4AEF-BA5C-5FE116547737.jpeg

Mine is the second. I did the handle on the first in the early 80’s it was my dads.

I'm on my 3rd knife. I keep one in my snogo. Lots of good work done with those knives. May have to strap one on the belt afford a while. I've been able to visit with Mr Buck before. Nice guy.
And thanks Buck knives for all the support for knife rights.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back