Yeti GOBOX Collection

How much Vacation do you guys have ?!?!

Schmalts to answer your question- I "could" pretty much take the time off whenever I want. There are 3 supervisors in our shop and the big man only really gets his panties in a bunch if we all want the same time. Neither of the other two guys hunt so time is pretty liberal for the taking.

I do try to spread the holidays out with the guys as needed and also try to share them equally within my crew so no one gets too screwed. That being said, holidays are typically some of the slowest times (work load wise) in my business so work isn't all that pressing.

Downside to timeoff here is that the jobs don't get done...every vacation is typically met with a penalty phase of working your arse off to catch back up :(

I have 120 hours of vacation and 80 hours of banked holidays plus with the schedule I work I have a 7 day break once a month. Sick days are for being sick so I dont use those and you max out at 6 with those anyway. Lots of time off and speaking of that I am off from August 27th til Sept 21st all for hunting. Donk

I used to get two weeks, then lie about sick time for the rest of my adventures. Now that I have the Tackle Shop, not sure, hopefully alot more. I need to find a parttimer.

Got 287 hours on the books. As soon as I accrue 300, I lose anything above and beyond that amount. Therefore I'm taking most of October off starting on the 1st... off for 3 weeks at least. They're gonna miss me while I'm gone -yeah, right.
Most guys on the crew burn their vacation time up the second they get it. They don't know how I do it.

My vacation depends on the money the shop makes. If we are doing great I can afford to take the time I need for what ever.

From Jan 15th to August 31st, I work about 55 to 60 hours a week, 6 days a week. From Sept 1st to to Jan 14th I work about 20 hours a week and spend at least 4 days hunting something, lots of upland and waterfowl. Plus deer hunting with my kids and any big game hunting I do for myself.

Nemont

I have 3 weeks (120 hours) on the books, accrue 1.5 days a month, and have 10 sick days. Reality, though, is that they only count it as vacation if I take a whole week or longer. A Friday or Monday here and there is not counted. We have 8 paid holidays.

3 weeks paid/covered.
Changes can then be made based on how many people want any given week off.

4 weeks of vacation, 12 sick, and 3 personal leave per year.

I have about 4 weeks of vacation on the books along with a couple hundred sick days.

4 Weeks paid and five sick days. If you don't use sick days, they roll into vacation days the following year, so usually close to 5 weeks. Also get all the major holidays.

Use it, or lose it at our place, no stock piling days.

Holey crap !! You guys get alot !!! Some more then others... but average sounds around 4.5 -5 weekes with sick and holidays ? When does any of the work get done ?@?@?@ As an Employer, I can't see how any money at all is made anything over 3. As an Employee.... I want at least 6 weeks :)

24 days of vacation, 10 days of Family Care Time ( take the kids to the Doctors) 10 Holidays, and like above no overtime so I get a few extra days off a year.

Holey crap !! You guys get alot !!! Some more then others... but average sounds around 4.5 -5 weekes with sick and holidays ? When does any of the work get done ?@?@?@ As an Employer, I can't see how any money at all is made anything over 3. As an Employee.... I want at least 6 weeks :)

It all boils down to motivation. An employer will realize greater gains when his employees don't feel shackled. They will have passion and enthusiasm for their job (assuming they like what they do). Being able to take ample time off work and decompress typically results in a higher yield from employees because they are refreshed when they return. :D I think you can have your cake and eat it too. :D

Motivation nothing.... Figure it out. 5 weeks vacation = 25 days. 10 holidays and 12 sick leave days. thats 47 days. there are 52 weeks in the year. 52x2 day weekends = 104 days off for that. 153 days a year. there is only 365 days a year so thats alot of time off.....

So with that much time off, How come i'm behind on everything ? How come I don't have time to do stuff ? Of course I don't have 5 weeks vacation (YET, I'm gonig to renegotiate with my boss tomorrow :D)

I liek the CJCJ and Jose 365 days off a year program. :D :D You guys have it made !!!

Back