How long does it usually take to draw a goat tag?

I buy the bonus points each year and even with that it took me 33 years to draw a goat tag. I tried several different areas in Montana when applying. I drew my tag for Kootenai Creek on the north side of St. Mary's peak in the Selway Bitterroots. I never got a goat and scouted and hunted from June to the end of November. Populations just tanked prior to my hunt. I only saw one goat the whole season. Had a great time and loved every minute of it still! Best of luck.

I'm on year 42 this year for moose and sheep in Montana. No tag yet. I keep trying though!

I must be the most unlucky guy in history.
I'm in Mt I started to put in for sheep in the river brakes and goats at Square Butte when I was around 19.

I'm 65 now, still no tag.......

I must be the most unlucky guy in history.
I'm in Mt I started to put in for sheep in the river brakes and goats at Square Butte when I was around 19.

I'm 65 now, still no tag.......
I'm right there with you. Year number 42 on sheep and moose without a tag.

I'm nearing forty years trying to draw a ram tag. When you look at the drawing odds, it does not surprise me.

The draw odds last year for Mountain Goats in Square Butte were 0.13%. That's dismal. No way I'd put in there if I really wanted to hunt a goat. There are units that have greater than a 3.0% chance. That's where I'd be applying if I had not already taken two goats over the years.

I did my goat in British Columbia on a short notice for around $3500. But that was in 1997ish.....they added in a shiras moose and whitetail. I will draw here in Utah eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back