PEAX Equipment

How is one supposed to....

teej89

FOCUS AT WORK when you're leaving in 6 days to chase elk in the mountains?!

I feel my routine is work a little, check HT, work a little more, look at GE, work some more, recheck gear/food list, look at onx, etc.....

Im not even hunting elk this year and I cannot focus...just looking at what people are getting/stories/experiences and freaking out. Youre stoked! Have a great hunt!! Post lots of pictures regardless for those who are living vicariously through the rest of you this September

Good luck. We are half way to Colorado.
Can't believe it's here already again.

I hear ya. Next friday is opening day for me in Saskatchewan, I drew a tag in a zone that only has 25 tags and probably 4000 applicants! Oh, not to mention I just got a huge new job and start next monday. Condition of signing was the days off for my elk hunt!

I completely understand, I have both a cow and bull tag for Northwest Colorado but not until second rifle season. I go through the same routine, checking HT throughout the day and mentally going through my gear list. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas day to arrive.

That's been me for the last month and a half! 6 more days until I leave for New Mexico. Hopefully when we return to Illinois we'll have a bear, a bull, and my new service truck!

Same for me. Keep checking gear list and looking at HT. November can't get here soon enough after a 7 year wait for my ND muley buck tag. Scouting trip next weekend will take the edge off for a few mins. Good luck on your hunt.

We don't head out til next Wednesday. But we got layoff notices last week. I'm looking at my elk hunt as a nice vacation. Just gotta find a new job when I get back. Or I could just never leave the elk woods.

No kidding!

That and the hunt recaps are killing me! Can't wait to get back out there.

My first hunt of the year doesn't start until September 30, and I've already got the shakes. Must be pretty entertaining for the 32 students staring up at me when I bring up hunting for the third time that period. I've got to focus.

I have til Oct for elk, gahhhhg!, and get to watch the show til then & help a buddy...now another one.
Was just finishing lunch in town thinking about hunts & when Mark would call about heading down to check some spots for his Gila bow hunt & my Nov deer hunt.
Then a guy who could be me, walks in & sits at the next booth.Plain jane camo & well worn boots. Waitress gives him some water and said she would help him get the NM onxmaps loaded on his phone..when she gets a break.
I ask how the hunt is going so far.
Guy is from OH & the lottery NM Gov. tag winner for elk, the second one I have just run into in town in 4 yrs. A long time RMEF,DU guy,brother carpenter.
We're watching the other hunters come & go.The racks have started to show in truck beds.Waitress tries to get service & it goes out again at the Cafe & Motel again.
I invite him over & we chat elk ,hunting & life @ 60+ elk hunting. Say he could load them at my place if the service is working & spend the night.
Gary is hunting by himself,with one of the most coveted elk tags there is. Just had a run in with thieves in Albacrackie & a not so nice guy wanting to guide him. I say I can help a bit with poking some maps and maybe getting one out if he fills his tag.
As we are talking spots my buddy Mark shows and sits & eats. Mark has not been home in weeks from work & 4 days into his tag time gone. He says he has great service at his place now. And 2 hunters lined up to guide the next hunt. Time to get cracking.
We sit & talk for 2 hrs,3 tries to get service & all the while there are elk racks & hunters showing.
Now Gary is out at Marks place with good service loading the onxmaps, a warm bed for the night & we have sort of a plan to try & fill the Gov. tag & Marks 16a, and scout for deer....LOL
I also have a hunting buddy who lives in an OH town near where my mom grew up.
I still can't believe how calm he is with this tag and willing to give it a go solo if need be. He is a bit more worn out than me at my age. His buddy is now sick in OH & can't come. Another will come as soon as he can & we all plan to attend the end of Sept. RMEF elk banquet in Silver City,I'm Gary's guest he says
But we have a sort of plan. Is this plan c,d or Z?

I am real ansty to go hunt now.

Y'all need to join the Army and go overseas and get blown up a couple times and shot and retire when you're 35...go wherever you want when you want and hunt whenever after you move to Colorado :hump:

Y'all need to join the Army and go overseas and get blown up a couple times and shot and retire when you're 35...go wherever you want when you want and hunt whenever after you move to Colorado :hump:

Nah, I'm good. Think I'll just work on patience. ;)

God bless you, but with all that you deserve to get to go hunting when you want. I'd have to add, Sorry and Thank You!

Can’t wait to end of OCT. Hunting 2nd rifle season this year up in Gunnison, CO. Same here, while at work, I’m checking this forum, YouTube videos, OnXHunt Maps, Google Maps… Hoping for a better year cause I have a Cow and Bull Tag for GMU 54, 2nd Rifle Season this year :)

-ColoradoHunter719

Well, I found a new job, gave my two weeks notice, today is my last day, my new job wants me to fly to Alabama the day I get back from hunting elk in Colorado. I leave for Colorado in 3 hrs. That is what will make the time fly...I wish I had a week yet before I leave, just not enough hours in a day.

Hank,

great story and damn you are a helpful man. WAY TO GO. The Ohio hunter will be telling people for years how nice New Mexicans are. Of course, it is a transplanted Californian and his friends that are doing it right.

Dang Cush, I got a good portion of that but STILL have to work thanks to the fancy females I have at home :) A couple of more years though I will be good to good on this front. Just started a new job at Carson on Tuesday and the first topic I brought up was that I had already "paid" for 2 hunting trips this fall and HAD to have that time off (2nd and Princess' RFW). I have already warned the guys in the office that by the end of SEP I am gonna be insufferable. I took 11 days for 2nd this year and am gonna try to be on the mountain uninterrupted the whole time if possible.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back