Caribou Gear Tarp

How do I display this?

That would be an interesting mount for sure. I can't think of anything commercially available. DIY ideas floating through my head would be to pin the antlers together and use something like a Dead On display to mount one skull to a freestanding pedestal.

I was wondering if something like a skull hooker would work but I think it wold be so off balanced it would tip?

Its a diy, tough without playing with them but i would look at pinning them together then centermount backside to a fencepost type display to allow both to be spread apart

I'd just take that plant off the table in the first picture and set the heads there. Much better converstation starter than a plant.

True. You could probably prop them up as a centerpiece without much effort.

I like the fence post idea. That way you could see both bucks at the right angle.

Could you mount them in a corner with one on each wall? Can’t tell how much you can turn each skull but if you can get them 90 degrees apart I think mounting in a corner would be cool.

Old mossy fence post in the corner of the room thin tall lamp behind it somehow screw post to stud in wall to keep sturdy. Some cool old rusty barb wire kinda loosely wrapping around it hang dead heads towards the top so the light really brings it out. Possible see some light underneath on the old grey mossy post. Ideas always look cool in ur head it's just making them come to life after all that.

Old mossy fence post in the corner of the room thin tall lamp behind it somehow screw post to stud in wall to keep sturdy. Some cool old rusty barb wire kinda loosely wrapping around it hang dead heads towards the top so the light really brings it out. Possible see some light underneath on the old grey mossy post. Ideas always look cool in ur head it's just making them come to life after all that.
That sounds sexy, but way out of my ability.

I have something very similar to this with a set of locked bucks I have. We used two dowels placed into the post that go into the eye socket of each buck to support the heads.

Sounds like your wife is out voted on this one. Everyone likes displaying them on the table.

Cut round slab for base cut old yellow locust post drill through base and lag bolts through base into post I power washed post brought out color and sealed with polyurethane

Attachments

• F8D21C79-5B2F-4C7C-A9C1-B508947612D6.jpeg
    F8D21C79-5B2F-4C7C-A9C1-B508947612D6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 1F920140-4A90-4946-AF12-DE39E96E8672.jpeg
    1F920140-4A90-4946-AF12-DE39E96E8672.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
The dowel in the eyesocket idea is a good idea..
I'll have to see what that looks like at different angles, but that should be relatively easy to do.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back