How cold at your place?

Have a similar situation at my place.
Permanent fence helps but not entirely.
In the case of yours, if that drift was 30% smaller it would still be a win, no?😀
I put the snow fence up differently each time, trying to get a better result. Next year might fence W and N sides of the property to combat NNW prevailing wind. I already have a chainlink in place, so ziptie on a snow fence is easy.
786ABFC6-08F5-4E30-8534-226A1AA4677C.jpeg

They cancelled my kids' school tomorrow because it's going to be cold in the morning, but it's supposed to warm up to 32! The new transplants here are getting soft man...

View attachment 310947
Our kids are on a 2 hour late start today. On the cold days in school I remember they would let the kids inside early if it was 0. Now they cancel or delay if the principals coffee could get before she gets back from the coffee shop.

Our kids are on a 2 hour late start today. On the cold days in school I remember they would let the kids inside early if it was 0. Now they cancel or delay if the principals coffee could get before she gets back from the coffee shop.
Yea, but back then, we (well, I can speak to this..) had nuns and older teachers who look much the indiana Jones now, back then. No way we were getting leniency.

Today, however, the students are banging teachers that wouldve been my teachers children or grandchildren...

And if it ain't lenient enough now, I used to do business with/in NZ. If you're principal cancels because of coffee getting cold, them SOBs have been out for 3 months already. They can make a 1 off meeting take 5 months due to lack of quorum.

I tell my daughter all the time "when I was a kid I had to walk four miles in snow up to my waist to school" then my wife blows the story.

Attachments

• image017-1.jpg
    image017-1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
21 below and these deer don’t care.

Attachments

• 7F90F44B-DFFB-45EA-BB9A-7C84CA9CCE12.png
    7F90F44B-DFFB-45EA-BB9A-7C84CA9CCE12.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
The space heater coupled with calm winds and moderating temps mean we can once again use the washing machine as the pipes have thawed. No damage to the pipes!

Finally warming up, -23 today... The air no longer burns my face.

I sure am glad I have a heated two door garage for the wife's car and my truck...

2nd broken water line since the kennel has been up. My fault. Apparently yesterday when I went to town to pick up meds I tripped the kennel garage door opener in my coat pocket when I pulled the door down for the house garage. I just happened to look out the window later and saw the door open. Damn! No heat working on the south side and it was down to 27. Cranked the heat up more on the north side and added a fan to blow warmer air around the corner. Lines were semi frozen already but got flowing pretty quickly. Left a faucet running in the bathroom and hoped for the best. Heard something strange this morning and got up. Then I saw low pressure while brushing my teeth and I just knew it was bad. Got out there and a drop down line to a faucet had burst. I shut the main and now I have to go to town later to get a cap and cut off the bad plastic and get it fixed. Never used the faucet anyway. It's above freezing on that side now so I should be good once I'm done. Yeah, first thing I did was take the remote out of my pocket!

What a weird winter. After seeing -20 two weeks ago we have been above freezing and rain for 4 days. With the forecast and the melting snow we won’t have safe ice for fishing much longer. This weekend marks the 5th birthday of my son. It was -32 the morning we went to the hospital with blowing snow and dam near whiteout conditions. We got to the hospital between 5:30 and 6 a.m. the nurses were in the middle of shift change and the ones that had to leave town were not allowed to leave. The security patrol was on overdrive trying to get cars jumped in the parking lot. On Sunday, his birthday it’s supposed to be 40. A 70 degree swing!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back