Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How cold at your place?

Warmer this morning, -23F as I type this.

Now as to wind chill, it was invented so that people who don't really get that cold, can feel like they are enduring brutal temperatures also. You can tell my thoughts on wind chill, as when setting up our weather station, that is not a function I enabled. I guess growing up in eastern North Dakota, you expect wind with the cold.

This morning is pretty calm, yesterday the wind was pretty strong.

We're at -15 with a wind chill of -37. Not going to push any snow until the wind dies down. Power is on and plan on cooking a turkey for dinner and take a nap after! Mmmmm, pie....

You folks can keep it! I called the Great Plains and front range of the Rockies home for the better part of 15 years, but my 80 yr. old bones will just have to put up with where I'm at. I believe I'll mow the grass today.
First time I ever saw single digit Temps was duck hunting at Shearon Harris. The Tarheel state can get bitterly cold, and its a humid cold which is much worse. Then you get to play with hurricanes in the summer, oh joy. I loved living in NC, but it ain't all roses

-44F at our house yesterday morning. It's warmed up today, only -24F this morning.

Reactions: Hem
Up to -11, chill of -34. Wind is still finding snow to blow around. I can get my car out if needed. The gap between the house and the kennel has a drift packed like cement. It will stay there until the wind stops. Not blocking the north drive for now. Only heard one or two vehicles go by this morning. Won't get above zero until Wednesday.

Up to -11, chill of -34. Wind is still finding snow to blow around. I can get my car out if needed. The gap between the house and the kennel has a drift packed like cement. It will stay there until the wind stops. Not blocking the north drive for now. Only heard one or two vehicles go by this morning. Won't get above zero until Wednesday.
Last year was awfully mild winter this year I've got drifts around the house like I've never seem. So this is our first real winter in this house. Need to put up some snow fence next year. Should have known better.

Back