Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hound hunt barter

OverlordBear

This is an offer out there for anyone who is a resident of the south east part, central or upper snake river side of Idaho who runs hounds. I am wondering if anyone would let me tag along on their hound hunts (i would be interested in either black bear or lion hunts) in exchange for my services as a butcher. There would be no expectations of harvest, I have aspirations to eventually get my own hounds but before I go down the rabbit hole I would like to experience a hound hunt in real life and pick the brain of someone who has experience with this style of hunting.

I consider myself an amateur butcher. In the past 11 years, I have butchered 51 animals that I either hunted, picked up as roadkill, did for friends or farmers. I have butchered deer, elk, moose, bears, a roadkill lion, auodad sheep, axis deer and domestic cows and chickens. I would be willing to butcher any game animals except for wolf or coyotes. I can make multiple types of sausages, summer, Brauts, breakfast sausage and various jerkies. I try and follow traditional butchers cuts. My style of butchering is to emphasize the maximum amount of steaks and roasts before turning meat into the grind pile. If anyone is interested send me a DM and we can talk further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back