Hot off the Press: Field Guide To Raising Hell

Ben Long

Hey all. I wanted to let you know about the new book I've just written. It's called Hunter & Angler Field Guide To Raising Hell. It is a primer to successful conservation politics, from a hunter/angler perspective. It's basically lessons I have learned in 25 years in the conservation trenches. I've had front-row seats to nearly 20 million acres protected and put the basics in this little book. It's aimed for folks who want to conserve access, wildlife habitat and clean water. Outdoor Life editor Andrew McKean calls it "required reading" in "the long shadow of Jim Posewitz." I hope you'll check it out! You can find it at www.scottpublishingcompany.com/fieldguide or at Amazon.

Attachments

• Field Guide Cover.jpg
    Field Guide Cover.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 34
Just got an email from the folks at my library

Dear XXXX,

“Hunter and Angler: A field Guide To Raising Hell” has a current publication date. We are going to purchase it for High Plains Library District. You will be the first hold after it is processed.

XXXX

We've got a ton of oil money in my county, libraries to die for, they light patchouli oil incense with fresh hundred dollar bills. So I ask them to buy stuff, and they do. This way I help out Ben a little bit, and for many years the title will be available to others in case they are thinking of raising a little hell. Libraries are part of the Reuse part of reduce, reuse, recycle stuff.

Could use some hell raising down here, looking at the makeup of our commission I'd bet not a one bought an elk tag last year.

Congratulations.

Raising hell would be this though. Kill every mule deer in a unit. Get half the town to kill a buck, and buy as many doe tags they can and kill them. Until fwp has to actually manage wildlife.

I got mine ordered

Got mine today! The Amazon delivery person left the front gate open. Which wouldn’t have happened had they been raised in an outdoor recreation family! 🤣 This is short, yet packed full of concise clear guidelines for what works in conservation efforts. It’s a primer, like The Prince for those who want to preserve our North American Model of conservation.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back