Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hornady Superformance 139 grain GMX 7mm-08

Two7D

Have any of you shot this? What kind of accuracy are you getting?
Thanks

Heads up... I shot some of this and got groups that were just under 2" at 100 yards out of a Savage 110. The search for better shooting ammunition continues.

Heads up... I shot some of this and got groups that were just under 2" at 100 yards out of a Savage 110. The search for better shooting ammunition continues.
I tried the 6.5 creedmoor superformance load and my kimber was about 1.25 inches at 100. Their outfitter load with the same gmx bullet shot into .5 inches. That's the load I went with.

Maybe it was just my rifle, but I was shooting sub-moa (.75 in) with this load and with the Superformance SST 139 gr our of my Savage Axis II at 100 yds. Took a cow elk with the GMX Superformance at 384 yds this year. Performed flawlessly.

Couple years ago I used that ammo in a newer Savage 110 storm. Grouped fine at sub 1 inch, but I was blowing primers. Thought it could be an ammo lot issue so I called Hornady. Their tech told me those Savages have such tight tolerances that this specific ammo shouldn't be used. I polished the chamber and switched to factory Nosler 140 e-tips and that's been the ticket.

Maybe it was just me, but I shot an entire box over a couple days with the same accuracy and groups double in size at 200 yards which coincide with my 100 yard results. The 120 Nosler Ballistic tips shoot .75" or better. Just can't find any. Go figure.

Maybe it was just my rifle, but I was shooting sub-moa (.75 in) with this load and with the Superformance SST 139 gr our of my Savage Axis II at 100 yds. Took a cow elk with the GMX Superformance at 384 yds this year. Performed flawlessly.
Were you getting the same accuracy with the GMX as you were the SST?

Were you getting the same accuracy with the GMX as you were the SST?
Yes. They shot almost identically out of my rifle. Until I get some more powder for reloading, the GMX is my elk round, and the SST are my deer rounds.

I witnessed them kill a moose quite efficiently a few years ago....
Yeah seem likes a great round, also seems like my rifle doesn't like it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that I'll find ammunition it likes. I would like to try 140 grain accubonds or find more of the 120 grain nosler ballistic tips.

Hornady and Nosler are top notch. if Ur rifle doesn’t shoot one of those tight it’s a barrel issue.

Yesterday I shot some ladder tests using Superformance with 140gr NoslerBt 215M primer and Win case OAL was 2.760 stepps were 2844 FPS,

2875 FPS, 2871 FPS, 2918 FPS, 2940 FPS, 2988 FPS with no sticky boly. I,m going to load more at the 2918 FPS and 2940 FPS. Also loaded 3 loads using PP4000mr

2900FPS, 2904 FPS, and 2917 FPS Using Win cases 145gr Speer BT and WLRM primers OAL was 2.760

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back