Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hornady 7 PRC a Lie?

I dont think "better marketing" is the ABSOLUTE answer of why some things sell better. It sure helps if you compare the same bullet weights.

The nosler cartridges are of little to no interest to me. They dont really do much that existing 375 h&h based magnums dont already do pretty much the same. If your 7rm rifle is twisted correctly, you change the mag box to the longer aics, if you handload. My 03 gmc is better than a new truck - if i change a lot about it!

I guess the guys at choice ammo are in on the marketing trick too - somehow the prc is faster again with less powder. Maybe they are in bed with that utard lawyer, hornady, and everyone else on this conspiracy.

I will say - theres not really a "need" for a new cartridge. Incrementally small improvements.
So 36 fps? Exceptional engineering… what a modern marvel they came up with. Best thing since they turned wheels from square to round. I’m gonna go buy 2.

I’m shooting those 195’s almost 300 fps faster in that Nosler case.

Going from a 7rm to a 28 Nosler is like putting a blower on your truck. Going from a 7rm to a 7prc is like putting a k&n air filter on it. The sticker on the back window makes it better.

Last edited:
So 36 fps? Exceptional engineering… what a modern marvel they came up with. Best thing since they turned wheels from square to round. I’m gonna go buy 2.

I’m shooting those 195’s almost 300 fps faster in that H&H case.

Going from a 7rm to a 28 Nosler is like putting a blower on your truck. Going from a 7rm to a 7prc is like putting a k&n air filter on it. The sticker on the back window makes it better.
Clearly - the criteria for better for you is "if you own it already"

Im sure theres potential for 7 prc thats unlocked. It doesnt have a lot of loads in manuals- its about a year old.

36 fps with less powder? After you said it was "slower". Do you also think black and white tvs from the 50s are better than modern ones too?

Cool. When you want to shoot 250s - maybe you can come back and do mental gymnastics on the RUM being better after you change the bulk of your rifle to be able to do it.
Why would I want to shoot a 250 grain bullet? Enlighten me. mtmuley

Why would I want to shoot a 250 grain bullet? Enlighten me. mtmuley

Just shooting further. A light bullet going faster is flatter up close. A higher BC bullet going slower will stay supersonic further obviously. 700 yards further using a 168 and 250 bullet to compare.

Add copper creek to the list of people in on the hornady conspiracy! I suppose the DOD doesnt know anything about it being better either, since they selected it in 2019. Clearly theyve never heard of 300 rum. Maybe they like the fact the prc uses 16 percent less powder to achieve the same thing or better in the same length action?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_153116_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_153116_Strelok Pro.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240406_153049_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_153049_Strelok Pro.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
For all the talk of factory ammo and factory rifle, there sure are a lot of pictures of reloading manuals going about.

Since when did a throating reamer involve a custom barrel?

Not a lot of people shooting long range steel, regularly with their factory Ruger American.
Can it hit steel at 1,000 yards?
Yeah.
Consistently? Probably not.
Are they going to do it regularly with factory ammo?
No.

Heck, i've done it with a 7mm-08 shooting the 140gr Berger VLD.
Would i do it regularly or consistently? No.

Still looking for where Hornady recommends 1:8 twist for the 180gr ELDM.

I'm shooting 175gr ABLRs out of my 7mm Weatherby with a 1:10 twist.

For all the talk of factory ammo and factory rifle, there sure are a lot of pictures of reloading manuals going about.

Since when did a throating reamer involve a custom barrel?

Not a lot of people shooting long range steel, regularly with their factory Ruger American.
Can it hit steel at 1,000 yards?
Yeah.
Consistently? Probably not.
Are they going to do it regularly with factory ammo?
No.

Heck, i've done it with a 7mm-08 shooting the 140gr Berger VLD.
Would i do it regularly or consistently? No.

Still looking for where Hornady recommends 1:8 twist for the 180gr ELDM.

I'm shooting 175gr ABLRs out of my 7mm Weatherby with a 1:10 twist.

On their website. If that ruger is a 1 moa gun - itd not be hard to score hits that far.

Berger's stability calculator is pretty slick - by the way. With a 1 in 10" at sea level - "marginally stable" with a 175 and 10 twist.

Last edited:
Back