MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hope any Gulf Coast Hunt Talkers are hunkered down

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
We have a business just south of New Iberia La and they are supposed to have 10-15ft storm surge. Just west of there is supposed to 20+. Sea buoy picked up a 37 ft wave earlier this morning. We have everyone evacuated. I really hope it underperforms, but she looks nasty. Prayers to all of those along the coast from Houston to Nola.

It’s not looking good for those in SETX and SWLA. I use to live right on the southern border and still have friends there. Most have evacuated. Couple going to ride it out. Those riding it I trust their judgement and hope for the best. Rita devastated that area 15 years ago and this one may be worse. Already getting reports from work of some vessels sinking due to the wave action.

I live on the east side of the state now. Watching winds swirl as I’m hoping to arrow a sow I’ve been watching on camera the last week. Trying to get it now because after this passes I’ll probably be working post storm for awhile.

Stuff like this in the middle of a pandemic can be crushing. Prayers to all the folks down there.

Sitting just north of Houston, we dodged a bullet with this one. seems to be skirting just east of us for the most part...expecting some wind (need to roll my bbq off the edge of my patio) and rain, but nothing crazy here. Thoughts are with the TX/LA southern border...they are about to start getting pounded.

Yeah Houston looks to be okay on this one. From the brunt of it anyways. My SIL & daughter's house is almost directly in the projected path of the eye. Maybe 5 miles to the east of it, 30 miles inland. They are safe in Austin, guess we will find out how the house fares.

Prayers up for everyone in the path of this storm, hope it is not as strong as projected...

My little sister just finished building a getaway home - right on the waterfront. They put the final finishing touches on it as recently as a week ago. It's right in the path.. Hopefully the media is hyping how terrible it will be..
View attachment 151859
I see she went with the rustic look.

That's a sweet home first, second, or fifteenth. I hope the latest and greatest construction holds up to the storm.

C68D7414-5152-4EFB-9486-52A49BD02503.jpeg

The storm surge on this thing is terrible. Johnson Bayou to Rockerfeller is all very rural. Oil and gas production, cow pastures, marsh, camps, and a few people that call it home who are a little more prepared for storms than most. Those people do have a lot to lose. But the city of Lake Charles is on the north side of Calcasieu Lake. It’ll be interesting to see how much of the surge goes up the lake.

I said it from the start. They done messed up when they named this storm after my sister in law.

its moving faster than Katrina did, and creating a bigger surge...going to be a looooooong night for alot of folks down there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back