Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hope any Gulf Coast Hunt Talkers are hunkered down

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
One of our partners sent this in last night. They were on a job in Cameron LA. You can hear the Captain say 125 toward the end of the video. He was clocking 125 mph winds. He topped out at 133. Our climatologist said a tower clocked 181mph before it was destroyed. Crazy!! Prayers to all that suffered damage.

One of our partners sent this in last night. They were on a job in Cameron LA. You can hear the Captain say 125 toward the end of the video. He was clocking 125 mph winds. He topped out at 133. Our climatologist said a tower clocked 181mph before it was destroyed. Crazy!! Prayers to all that suffered damage.
Dang I can’t get the video to load. Anyone have any tips?

Used to be stationed down there, I hope it dissipates before too much damage!

Hit the share button, on the video. Select copy link, the paste link in the text box!

it was a text video from his phone. I saved it to my computer and tried to attach it that way as well. Received a msg that the extension wasn't allowed. Boomerusaf, if you want to watch it, shoot me your mobile via pm and i will send it over. it will come from a 504 area code

The storm wasn’t good but could’ve been worse. Shifted enough at the last minute and the storm surge wasn’t as bad as predicted. Compared to Rita, the storm surge wasnt as bad but the winds were much worse. Down trees all over the place. Severe damages to homes and businesses. A fair amount of industrial incidents including chemical plant fire and a water facility destroyed.

Even many inland parishes that normally don’t see hurricane winds were hit hard. It’ll be a lot of work before it gets better.

Load it to YouTube and then post.
If sound doesn’t matter you can load to GIPHY as well.
Sound was the most incredible part. You couldn’t see anything except rain bands across the pilot house windows. My pucker factor would’ve been pegged!!

I live in the North Central part of the State. This is the first time I remember one still being a hurricane this far inland. My power was fixed late last night. My parents and grandma that live about a half mile away on the other side of the road are on a separate line and are still out. Being in the utility industry I have pretty much only worked or slept since Friday morning.

My counterpart and friend in Lake Charles is begging for help but half my crew are out of power and everyone is working non-stop so I just can't break loose and leave them just yet. Maybe mid week.

I managed to find those on my crew who are out of power hotel rooms in Vicksburg, MS so their families and themselves could enjoy some A/C and a hot shower.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

I live in the North Central part of the State. This is the first time I remember one still being a hurricane this far inland. My power was fixed late last night. My parents and grandma that live about a half mile away on the other side of the road are on a separate line and are still out. Being in the utility industry I have pretty much only worked or slept since Friday morning.

My counterpart and friend in Lake Charles is begging for help but half my crew are out of power and everyone is working non-stop so I just can't break loose and leave them just yet. Maybe mid week.

I managed to find those on my crew who are out of power hotel rooms in Vicksburg, MS so their families and themselves could enjoy some A/C and a hot shower.

Hope things get back to normal for you and everyone up there. I know most people look at what happened to Lake Charles but central and north Louisiana took a bit hit too.

Hope things get back to normal for you and everyone up there. I know most people look at what happened to Lake Charles but central and north Louisiana took a bit hit too.

Thanks! Like you said, it could have been much worse. I am thankful that most of the people that I know are only doing without power and dealing with clean up and minor damage.

Alexandria/Pineville, Monroe/West Monroe, Ruston, and surrounding areas got hit really hard. Before last night the Parish I live in, Caldwell, was 96% without power.

Thanks! Like you said, it could have been much worse. I am thankful that most of the people that I know are only doing without power and dealing with clean up and minor damage.

Alexandria/Pineville, Monroe/West Monroe, Ruston, and surrounding areas got hit really hard. Before last night the Parish I live in, Caldwell, was 96% without power.

I was planning on spending next weekend scouting and hunting outside of Alexandria in Kisatchie and a dove hunt at Elboe Slough WMA. Think that area will be open and places open?

I was planning on spending next weekend scouting and hunting outside of Alexandria in Kisatchie and a dove hunt at Elboe Slough WMA. Think that area will be open and places open?

I'm not sure what kind of shape that the roads on Kisatchie will be in. Probably going to be a ton of roads blocked by trees. Last time I talked to our Alexandria supervisor was yesterday afternoon and there were not many businesses open in Alexandria/Pineville. From talking to other people in the industry Cleco is kind of messing the bed as far as getting the power back up and going in that area.

Glad you guys are okay, despite the mess you have to deal with.

I called the office in Pineville. The whole forest is closed to all public use.

I've spent the past couple days working from Lake Charles to Cameron. It's a mess. I wish I couldve taken videos of the roads but not the safest thing. DOTD has done a good job of cleaning roads. On highway 82 along the coast you drive through tunnels of rack material that has been cleared from the road and piled. Uncountable number of homes damaged. Some there was nothing left but slabs. Huge storage tanks strung out miles from the facilities. Offshore equipment miles inland resting on levees with vehicles and cows. The power of this thing is impressive.

I just got
I called the office in Pineville. The whole forest is closed to all public use.

I've spent the past couple days working from Lake Charles to Cameron. It's a mess. I wish I couldve taken videos of the roads but not the safest thing. DOTD has done a good job of cleaning roads. On highway 82 along the coast you drive through tunnels of rack material that has been cleared from the road and piled. Uncountable number of homes damaged. Some there was nothing left but slabs. Huge storage tanks strung out miles from the facilities. Offshore equipment miles inland resting on levees with vehicles and cows. The power of this thing is impressive.

I just got into Lake Charles last night. All I can say is it is pretty unbelievable. Saw a train engine blown off the tracks. Amazing.

Back