Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Homeless on public lands

The Homeless issue has little to do with the drug issue,besides being a effect.
Alcohol abuse in public places was a much bigger problem than drugs.
The so called drug war has been a failure for years. Just like the reefer madness bs.

The Homeless and mental health issues in this country are a major problem. In the woods and in towns.

Don't EVEN get me started on the homeless issues & Vet's and how this country has treated it's Vet's.

Now,rant over. You can have your poke in the eye fest over evil weed bs back....

When I was working with the USFS in the Whitewater NF outside of Breckenridge, you couldn't throw a stone without hitting some kind of seasonal homeless encampment. Not a bad way to spend the summer I suppose.

I'd like to think is was just a bunch of mountain bikers and fly fisherman with equally poor personal hygiene.

Does a homeless dude poop in the woods?

Yes, they do.

Yep. They also shit in creeks, and well..anywhere else.

I hear it all the time "being homeless isn't illegal". That is correct, but being drunk in public, and (usually) causing a disturbance is illegal in most places (go figure). Most bums either have vodka, black velvet, or camo black on them. Rarely do you find a regular old bum with dope. Sure sometimes they'll have some weed, but it seems most just get completely obliterated on booze, piss their pants, and start a fight...or just pass out where ever they fall.

I wish there were no homeless, because they stink really bad. Most would steal from their mother if it meant they'd be drinking a tall boy of camo black. Its sad, but its reality.

Last edited:
As Prince was quoted as saying..." I live in MN because the cold keeps the bad guys out".....I have yet to run into homeless people on public land, I guess the cold does keep them out too... :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back