Home heating with a pellet stove as primary, base board electric as secondary

Thanks for the input all.

I've decided to bring in natural gas and go with gas forced air and A/C. It'll be a total remodel, exterior and interior.

It will start once I can get the renters out.......
x2 I grew up with baseboard + a wood stove, so did my wife. At this point we want forced air with A/C and a smart thermostat if we have a choice.

PITA but definitely the right move IMHO.

Previous house had gas boiler and heat registers along baseboards, built in 1950s. Updated boiler. Very efficient, didn't blow duct crud, no fan so it was quiet, no filter needed. Nice setup for allergic people. They don't make 'em like that any more, very plumbing-intensive.

I wouldn't even consider electric heat. Expensive to run, stinks, electric grid unreliable. We heat primarily with wood stove, probably 2-3 cords oak a year. We back up with propane forced heat and AC for summer. When I get too old to cut wood I'll swap out to a pellet stove.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never experienced this "smell" of baseboard heaters. I've had them in several old loft style buildings and we have them in our new home... but no issues yet. Do have two pellet stoves that crank the heat though, which is nice. So far this summer, haven't had the need for AC, but that will change in a smokey year I am sure.

So far this summer, haven't had the need for AC, but that will change in a smokey year I am sure.
When my parents built their house they were smart and had everything set up for central air but then never actually had AC installed. For 20-ish years we/they never needed it, last 5 years though have been brutal with the fires and my mom had AC installed. Was super cheap and easy because of their prior planning.

10 months and $177k later.....New exterior, hvac, electrical, fireplace and interior.

We made it too nice.

But it went under contract quickly.

I am done forever being a landlord.

It's been a PITA, but we are coming out OK financially.

10 months and $177k later.....New exterior, hvac, electrical, fireplace and interior.

We made it too nice.

But it went under contract quickly.

I am done forever being a landlord.

It's been a PITA, but we are coming out OK financially.

Usually the Zestimate is too high . I think you did ok..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back