Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Home....finally

ERSS

Saturday was the day I have been waiting for. Landed at Idaho Falls airport after 13 months as an activated Navy reservist from the Helena, MT detachment, deployed to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. Worked there as a psychiatric nurse on the inpatient psych unit. It was a very rewarding position, and I will never be the same. This hospital is the largest US military medical facility outside of the US, and all service members, contractors, etc. injured in Iraq, Afghanistan are flown to Landstuhl for stabilization before they are returned to duty or air evac'ed to the states for further treatment. At least once a day, and often time three or more, the call would come over head for all available manpower to come to the ER for incoming patients. Once there, we would unload buses from Ramstien AFB, of soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors. Many of whom were injured in combat less than 12 hours previously. Daily contact with our nations newest combat veterans has left me with a great respect for these young men and women. Greater than 90% of those needing further treatment in the US were truly disappointed to be being sent back to the states, strongly voicing thier desire to be sent back to thier units.."to thier guys".

This was the first time I have been stationed in a tri-service facility, where I worked side by side with Air Force and Army personnel, and developed a great respect for "the other services" and these individuals.

Spent Saturday and Sunday at our cabin with my wife and 3 kids. After over a year apart from my family, there is alot of catching up to do. Kids grow up soo fast....My wife excelled in the role of "single parent" this past year, but I know it was hard on her. I have been blessed with an incredible family.

I want to thank the core Hunt Talk folks for your stories and photos on this site. Without the opportunity to hunt, it was the next best thing, and reminded me daily of where I was from and the opportunities I would have when I returned home.

Hope to be a frequent contributor with stories and photos as I get back into the swing of things. My 13 year old son and I were lucky enough to draw controlled hunt bull tags near Salmon and the hunt starts Nov. 1.

It is good to be home....:)

I am the LCDR on the right.....not the one star admiral on the left ;)

Attachments

• Capt Doll.jpg
    Capt Doll.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 184
welcome home ERSS......and thank you.

Welcome back, I'm very happy every thing went well for you...

Good luck on your hunts in Salmon... :)

Welcome back ERSS.

Thank you for your serive and thanks to your family for the sacrafices they made during your tour.

Best wishes for all things upon your return.

Welcome Home ERSS! and Thank You for all you and your family sacrificed while on duty. good luck on the upcoming hunt with your son.

We all appreciate your service. What a sacrifice you and your family have made. Thank you. Good luck with your hunt. Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story.

Welcome back, thanks for your service. With the weather we've been having you may have hit it perfect with your tags.

ERSS, When I saw you got home safe it put a smile on my face. Congrats to you and your family for getting back. Thank you for your service.
If you ever want to hunt something down in Az. let me know, Thanks again, JLG.

ERSS, Welcome back to the Homefront !!! Give me a call after Hunting Season and we'll get you that House loan you need :D :D

Good luck on the BULL hunts. You need to make it over here for a Duck hunt there after, I have a place or two we can go !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back