Caribou Gear Tarp

Holy Hail Batman......

iminrut

We got nailed by a doosy late this morning, into early afternoon, here at work (Power Plant).......we are getting ready for a Plantwide Shutdown so the parking lot was full of cars from boilermakers on down to tin'ers and insulaters.......we got nailed with 3" of rain and grapefruit/softball sized hail.......nearly 50 cars in the parking lot either lost windows or windshields.....mine included. I've never seen hail dents as large as this...it looks like you through a shot-put repeatedly at some of these cars........

My 96 Beretta lost a back window, and I was bummed cause I thought i only had liability, but I got to wondering so I called my agent....turns out I have comp, so I am covered....Happy Day......I'm gonna try and get oms epics loaded up later when I get home, and I also remembered that I have a trail cam that was in this storms path, so I'm gonna check this evening to see if I got any cool pics off of it......that is unless the hail beat it into the ground....

This pic was sent in from a resident, and was posted on our main weather channel's website.......

Image2.jpg

Dang!!! Did anyone get hit in the melon and knocked out? Glad to here you had full coverage.

Man that is some hail. We had that here in July of 99. Got our vehicles good and ruined our roof.

What town in ND?

Nemont

Stanton, ND......located just below Garrison Dam about 20 miles.

I got a couple pics from my Supervisor, so i thought I would post them.....I didn't have time to upload the body ones yet as I am still at work......

One stone hit the front windshield cowling so hard that it busted the windshield underneath it.........you can see one of the soft-ball sized dents on the other side of the hand.....

Hail-Window-2.jpg

And here of course is my rear window....or what's left of it (There's another monster of a dent right on the roof above the back window)

Hail-Window.jpg

WOW! Thats some huge hail there. I'd probably be in tears if my truck got pounded by those things.

Just went through that. 12k in cars, 9k on home damage. Check your roof very good for damage.

Man, those stones look bigger than the fruit some people pick out of their gardens! If you got nailed with one of those, you would certainly be hospital bound. Cool pics either way!

wilecoyote76 said:
..... If you got nailed with one of those, you would certainly be hospital bound......

Or Mortuary.......I know most folks ad enough of a warning to get in where it was safe, but I wonder how many critters bit the big one yesterday ?!?!?:eek:

I was stationed in Clovis NM when I was in the AF and we got hit by baseball size hail. Nothing compared to yours but it totalled my girlfriends car. Looked like someone took a ballpeen hammer and had their way with her car. And there was nothing you could do but sit inside and watch it happen. I can't imagine being caught outside in something like that. Hope your insurance takes good care of you.

NEWS REPORT : 8/31/06

Antelope all over ND end up dead today in a Freak hailstorm. Huntng season canceled.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back