Caribou Gear

Holy crap!! what a game!

Geez, I forgot about that one JB!!!

Oh and I just read another national sportswriter's column that mentioned the bad officiating, including all the ones we have mentioned so far.

Seriously, though. If the Cards would have held the Steelers on that last drive, it would not be such a big deal.

I am curious, CJ, do you really think the officiating was good?? No one ever says that. But, to me, a good officiating game is when you don't notice them. You can't honestly say that about this game. I'm not saying they should never throw a flag, but it shouldn't have such a profound affect on the game. There have been many examples of poor officiating that affects the outcome. I agree that the Seahawks/Steelers SB was also really bad. Also ask San Diego what they think of Ed Hochuli and I imagine you will get some dirty looks. The point is, the officiating was bad in this game, and I believe, that in a game as close as this was, that it probably affected the outcome. All of that aside, though, I agree that the NFL isn't going to change anything.

what about the "using the ball as a prop" missed call on Holmes after he made the game winning touch down ? Cards would of had much better field position.

until this gets hashed out, probably should hold off on paying out on any bets I might have lost. :D
whatcha think NHY?

How about Fitzgerald facemasking Harrison at the Goal line?? BLAH,BLAH Funny thing about "FANS":D

STEELERS ARE CHAMPS!|oo

Guppie I though it was "Fair/Average" nothing that changed the OUTCOME..Best Team Won:BLEEP:

I think you should've stuck with the steelers....duh!

if I would of stuck with the steelers, I would of immediately called you and canceled the bet due to the poor officiating that started shortly after kick-off. I like to keep things fair and honest.

if I would of stuck with the steelers, I would of immediately called you and canceled the bet due to the poor officiating that started shortly after kick-off. I like to keep things fair and honest.

Looks like my situational ethics trumped yours. ;)

Anyone see Antrell Rolle block Fizgerald from running Down Harrison BEFORE he got to the goal line... pt. there are plenty of reasons why this why that... sportwriters get paid to write about 'all the Bullshit" .... I have a Mini-ticket to cash:)

Yeah, that was pretty atrocious tackling the entire runback. It amazes me that no one was able to bring him down.

I find it interesting that you don't think the officiating was poor. I have a friend who is a die-hard Steelers fan and even he said that they "caught some breaks with the officials". I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right.

Dick Lebeau made the call that put Harris in the right place. Harris made a great play on the interception and an even better run.

...hard to believe Lebeau is 71, damn sure doesn't look it (born 1937)

Dick Lebeau made the call that put Harris in the right place. Harris made a great play on the interception and an even better run.

...hard to believe Lebeau is 71, damn sure doesn't look it (born 1937)

That is awesome that your contemporaries can still function at that level....

Yeah, that was pretty atrocious tackling the entire runback. It amazes me that no one was able to bring him down.

I find it interesting that you don't think the officiating was poor. I have a friend who is a die-hard Steelers fan and even he said that they "caught some breaks with the officials". I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right.

Guppie, you asked "My opinion"|oo

Its not a matter of wrong/right....is a "no-call" a good call? at the end of the day.. Steelers played better... Cards had a "GREAT" chance to win the Game... Stop the Steelers they win... they Didn't they Lost....

When is there ever the best officiated game???|oo

3 defensive backs could not stop the "Game winnig TD".... Cards had a awesome season....its over:)

The thing that stuck with me after the game was how the officials seemed to get caught up in the moment and the end of each half and seemed to forget their jobs. Clipping and holding on harrisons runback, I mean, my god, they called every other cupcake penalty all game long. Just because a defensive player is doing it, doesn't make it right. Then non-penalty on the drug dealer-turned-super bowl MVP, for illegal celebration. Cards get 10 yards there to start with. Then the no review on the "fumble", coupled with the excessive celebration puts the Cards inside the 30 for one more shot to Fitz. 8 of 10 times he comes down with it from there, IMO.
I thought the calls went both ways for most of the game, like I said until the ends of the halves when the officials seem to lose their minds getting caught up in the excitement. That was the travesty. I wanted to see one more toss up to Fitz.

Guppie, CJ is an angry old man, he's posting exactly what I thought he would.

You mean the "TRUTH"hump
Geez I just turned 55!:)

You must be Bitter young men...Your Hero's Lost.... deal with it:D

Unless you want me to "totally lie" about the game?? I don't know how to lie... want me to try?

Attachments

• holmes.jpg
    holmes.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 38
Wow proof that both feet were not down. Oh' well like I said I don't give a rats arse about the Cardinals. Crazy thing about the officiating, one call and the Cardinals win. Another call the Steelers way and it's a blow out.

I have to agree the Steelers won that game because the Cardinals couldn't stop them that last drive. Like you said it is already forgotten and now we have to wait until next year to see the Dallas Cowboys win the superbowl. :)

Wow proof that both feet were not down.
at least not in that frame.

2ft.jpg

2ftzoom.jpg

I was a die hard Steelers when I graduated high school in 71. The only sport I watched. I don't know when I quit watching football but the last time the Steelers won the superbowl I watched the first half of the game and went to bed. And that was the only game I watched that season. My wife though I was sick. I watched two games this season and this was one of them. Good game and I'm glad the Steelers won for all the Steelers fans I watched it with but I truly didn't care. Wanted 1-3 for my big screen but no luck.

So as to the officiating. I thought it was poor. As to why so many Cards fans are bitching about it I'm going to pull one from hose's playbook and ask,

Why do you guys have a problem with an African American coach winning the superbowl?

Just kidding!!!:D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back