Holiday antler pile

Dang Oak. Is this your current stash?
No, they were taking up too much room. That is the last photo before the man came to haul them away. :cry:
That was when I was no longer too serious about it any more. Most were picked up here and there on the job.
The competition that has become antler hunting pretty much took all the joy out of it for me. It has been a few years since I last left the house to go "antler hunting."

It has been a few years since I last left the house to go "antler hunting."
Dang! That is sad you had to offload them all. We got rid of two truck beds full in the past couple years, this pile is the ones we just couldn't sell. That's really sucky you haven't been getting out anymore, the craziness you speak of is real.

Reactions: Oak
Dumb question but why would you all get rid of them? Selling them or just needing space?

No, they were taking up too much room. That is the last photo before the man came to haul them away. :cry:
That was when I was no longer too serious about it any more. Most were picked up here and there on the job.
The competition that has become antler hunting pretty much took all the joy out of it for me. It has been a few years since I last left the house to go "antler hunting."
I feel your pain on selling em. When your young and need beer money sometimes you part with a few. That's about all I can say about my choice. Dumb dumb I
idea.

Wish I could get my 2 loads back that went bye bye.

Dumb question but why would you all get rid of them? Selling them or just needing space?
Huge space suck.

You guys are awful sentimental about antlers with the only attachment is the 30 seconds of euphoria after finding them. My stash pays for hunting trips. I still can't believe people pay what they do.
I have a very small pile of ones that I won't sell.

Big shed2.jpg

IMG_0899.JPG

What kind of prices are we talking about? I certainly understand about space issues and $ issues as well.

Huge space suck.

I have a very small pile of ones that I won't sell.

View attachment 205258

View attachment 205259
I have a few in the keeper pile, but it seems to get smaller ever year. I find I'm not really to attached to any of them minus a a set of elk and moose sheds. I watched the elk for most of a winter and lost him in early April, then found his antlers 3 miles away from his main area. They're also near B&C and brown, so I kept them. I've sold a single or two the same size. The moose is cool, mostly because its brown and XXL and I have 3 antlers off him. Doubt I'll ever kill one that big, and plan on putting them on a skull, and hanging when I move to a bigger house, so probably never, and they'll get sold at some point. :D I've a few deer and some single 200" bou that are pretty big, but really not attached to them, but smart enough to know they are worth more than $/lb. In the end, all I did was stumble upon them and take them home. The older I get the less I really care. Most people would cry to know how many I've left on the mountain. I'd say 1:4 moose make it home, if that. Have been wondering what will happen to all my horns/antlers when I go. Hard to say if my kids would want them, and makes a wonder why we collect them at all, other than to satisfy some weird fixation we seem to all have.

Man, I just can't get excited about antlers. I mean I pick one up occasionally but it just goes in the flower bed until the dogs or squirrels find them and chew 'em up. Hell, I even keep all my euros hangin' up in the rafts of a shed out back, I don't think more than a couple people have ever seen them. Yesterday I didn't pick up two deer sheds I found while chukar hunting. What's the point, they're just hunks of bone...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back