Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hoffman Explorer Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I think those are fairly similar to my climbers. So you wouldn't worry about throwing some crampons on them and tackling Rainier?

Nope

Maybe it the age of mine, but I noticed it with my Danner in college, once those vibram soles wear a bit, they get "shiny" and slick as snot. I tried to wear mine in WY this year and ended up going back to something softer and soaking wet because the soles were fresh and still very grippy.

These are a little slick on wet basalt.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but how do the Explorers run width wise? I measure just a hair above D width on the Brannock with really flat feet, and depending on the boot will take either a Medium or Wide. Some other boots I own or have tried
- tried on Lowa Tibet and Tibet Hi in 11D and 11.5D, both seemed to tight in toe box
- Tried on lowa Camino in 11W and 11.5W. This boot seemed to run narrow and toebox in Wide seemed tight.
- tried on Lowa Renegade in 11.5D and that toebox seemed like it would fit
- own Hanwag Alaska in 11.5W. Overall Good fit but still get a bit of pinch/pressure on pinky toe
- own Crispi Summit 1.0 in 11.5D. Get slight pressure on pinky toe.
- tried on Kennetrek Mountain Extreme in 11.5D. With thin sock seemed ok in toe box, boot ran a bit long. Toebox was tight with thicker socks.
- tried on Crispi Wyoming in 11D. With a medium weight sock also got a bit of pinky toe rub
- own danner Recurve in 11.5 D. These seem to run a hair big and width is good.

Back