Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hodgdon Powder, H-450

danr55

I am sorry to report that I have just been on the phone with Hodgdon Powder company. They have confirmed that the entire supply of H-450 has been exhausted. There is on more. This entire lot was military surplus and will not be manufactured again. This should effect the same powder sold by Winchester as either W760 or W748 not sure which. If I can get someone to answer the phone, I will try to confirm.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Danr55, I am one of those old die hards, I had H450, I had never used it, one day I said " what the -ell" and loaded some old Seirra 140 gr., just trying to use it up!
(I gave the powder to W D S .) A few days back, I shot my 7x57, using that load, I just about S----! That rifle has 2x7 Redfeild on it and I shot a 3 shot a group, at 100 yds. that was, "ONE BIG BUG HOLE",I am now looking for more H450!
Be safe, have fun!
Deadeye2

[This message has been edited by deadeye2 (edited 03-19-2001).]

Hi deadeye ole buddy!! Have I got a deal for you. How about since I'm going to be up that way this week (hopefully) and since you have a load all made up for it, I'll just bring that H-450 along with me. No charge of course.
wink.gif

Danr too bad ya don't live closer we'd split it with ya.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Do let me know if you find out anything on the WW powders. I'll check around too and see if I can find anything out, but to date no one in my small circles seems to know anything about WW ceasing either one of them.WD

Well the two best 300 win mag loads that I had just went out the door with my last can of H 450 gone. I tried to call Winchester, but they wouldn't answer the phone. I sent an email. I'll let you know if I hear anything. This just goes to prove that because it is here now, doesn't mean you can count on it forever.
cool.gif

------------------

I have checked with 3 major reloading sales companies and none of them know (or will fess up to knowing) anything about the ww 748 or 760 being taken off the market.
No response from WW.WD

Danr55 how nice you going to treat me
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Let me know how much you want, within reason please note
biggrin.gif

I am going to swap some things and I know where a bit of it can be obtained
cool.gif

Well Duster ole buddy, I would normally suck up pretty good. I've been doin' that for almost a year when I really needed some of this stuff. I'm afraid that all the suckin' up in the world is only going to postpone the inevitable. i guess it's about time for me to get off my backside and work up some new ones. HUH? I appreciate the offer, but it would only be a stop gap thing. Be sides, with what it costs to ship that stuff these days, I would almost be cheaper to buy gold. Thanks partner, but unless we are talking kegs, it wouldn't do me much good. :cool;

------------------

Danr55, Well WDSWIFT showed up today with that little drip of powder I gave him, so I am good to go for about 15 -20 more rounds for the old 7x57.
WDSWIFT, Thank you very much for returning the powder! Thank you even more for the new shooting bench, we broke this one in right one groud hog, one shot, that is the way it works! (Dam, I did that wrong, I shot him with hunting rifle, well, anyway it worked!)
Be safe, have fun!
deadeye

p.s. wds, I went and looked, I did hit him in the head, but that flying thing must have been a rock or somethig!

[This message has been edited by deadeye2 (edited 03-21-2001).]

You all should have seen the spectacle that deadeye2 just wrote about. I brought up a shooting bench for him that I'd made and this thing wasn't on his patio 5 minutes until this big fata$$ 'chuck paraded out right in the middle of his shooting range, stood up and gave us the finger.
wink.gif

Well let me warn ya'll 'bout deadeye, If he starts talking about his eyesight failing and he gets the shakes and he can't shoot like he use to........HE'S SAND BAGGING!!!! Ya know, like Tiger Woods asking for a stroke a hole cause he has a hang nail.
biggrin.gif

Great shot deadeye!! Ya can't break a new bench in any better than that.Enjoy it!!
smile.gif
WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back