Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HMA -Permit

Richieber

I'm working on planning my first western hunt and trying to find the unit I will apply to. I only have one PP and will be banking more so I will look to hunt a unit with high probabilty to draw on a 2nd draw regular or special draw.

A couple of the units I'm interested in have good HMA access, but the HMA is limited permit. I would hate to apply for a unit which mainly contains access on HMA but not draw a permit to hunt it. Looking for info on the how the HMA permit process works (I see some are unlimited permits) and how likely I am to get a permit on a limited draw HMA permit?

Most of the limited HMA slips are issued through random draw or first come first serve. Best option is to call the regional office for the unit and talk to the Access Yes coordinator to get an idea for draw odds. They aren’t published online to my knowledge.

Draw odds are pretty simple, just assume everybody that draws will want to hunt the HMA and take that as your odds. That's the worst case scenario

Draw odds are pretty simple, just assume everybody that draws will want to hunt the HMA and take that as your odds. That's the worst case scenario

Makes sense to me, probably a good assumption. I guess I'm wondering how many permits they give out to guage my odds. Since it's me and a buddy I'm starting to lean against this unit it's risky if I don't get a permit, or if one of us gets it but not the other. The comment above yours madtom who commented above had a good suggestion to call the regional office to see if they will give info which I think I'll try.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back