Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

His First Pheasants

Guy

Today I took a young man on his first bird hunt. His dad is an old law-enforcement friend of mine and can't walk real well right now, so I took him.

Maverick pointed five pheasants, sadly I missed one and the young fellow couldn't shoot because I was in the way. So, we got four. Maverick performed four excellent retrieves! We'd worked on that a bit over the summer.

The young fellow was very safe with his gun handling, and it turns out - he's a natural wing shot! I backed him on a couple of birds that looked like they might get away, but he started getting the hang of it quickly and making hits. Then he clobbered one all on his own. (y)

It was a great morning. Snowed a little earlier, but the sun got rid of it before we started hunting.

29rpYBHh.jpg

Nice job on getting the young fellow introduced and I assume from the smile he is now hooked to the sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guy
Way to get kids involved. Nothing beats that smile they have. Congratulations to the young man.

Thanks all! Ya, on the ride back home, he and his father asked if I'd mind if we went and did this again. :)

Nope, not at all! :)

Guy

As usual Guy you did a great job helping someone out getting started in this crazy love affair we all have with the outdoors.

Back