Hiking Boot recommendations

Under Armor has a "Brow Tine" and "Speed Freak Bozeman" line of boots I've been looking at...

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/m...6ggy?lsg=c4432ff1-b080-42c8-891c-5eee4f9afb46

Sounds odd to say UA for hiking boots though I have an earlier pair and they worked nice for archery season. Their initial focus for boots has been in the "Tactical" line. From Military to Law Enforcement, daily worn boots, they've dialed in their product, least I believe... I wear Bates for work though have enjoyed my UA's just as well.

Looking at the scarpa kinesis pro gtx and the Crispi Nevada legend gtx. Somebody convince me the scarpas will work just as well/long as the Crispis. Of course there is no dealer nearby for either so trying on is out, I have a narrow/normal foot.

I have a pair of the Scarpa Kinesis pro GTX's and have had them for going on two years this spring. They've been a very good boot and they fit my foot very well and I have a very narrow foot like you have as well. I wear my boots everyday for work as I am a professional land surveyor so they get a work out and have held up great so far. I would put them up there in quality with some of the more expensive boots that I've had in the past.

They are a quite stiff boot and they take a few weeks of daily use to break in but they are one of the most durable boots that I've had.

I have a pair of the Scarpa Kinesis pro GTX's and have had them for going on two years this spring. They've been a very good boot and they fit my foot very well and I have a very narrow foot like you have as well. I wear my boots everyday for work as I am a professional land surveyor so they get a work out and have held up great so far. I would put them up there in quality with some of the more expensive boots that I've had in the past.

They are a quite stiff boot and they take a few weeks of daily use to break in but they are one of the most durable boots that I've had.

Yeah, that's what I needed! Hopefully nobody will chime in and say they're crap lol.

I’m looking at replacing my beartooths and will probably just get another pair... wondering if anyone has run into a tall (8-9in) synthetic, un-insulated boot?

I have a pair of vasques and lone peaks as my summer/ trail/ dry condition boot... but I really like having a boot that is stiffer and tall for bush wacking, creek crossing, and side hilling on loose scree. Trangos, ravens, etc etc just aren’t tall enough for me... only downside to the beartooths is the weight... guess I could go with the missions, but not a ton of weight saving there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back