Caribou Gear

Hey Tobey

George P

Alan did pretty well on coyotes this year.He had that snow early that screwed him out of a few days.They ended up with 55 dogs and I am not sure how many foxes and fishers.That is in the 3 weeks that he spends up north.He really knows his stuff.
We had a great coyote hunt yesterday.Alans brother wacked at one about 15 minutes after they jumped.Hit it,drew fur,but we never got it !!He said dogs were only a hundred yards behind it when he shot.It kept hitting the snowmobile trails to get a break.That female I just bought is one nice coyote dog.Wicked good cold nose,opens a ton,and 100% deer proof.that guy I bought her from sure treated me fair.
Was Bob P with you saturday? I just talked to my buddy Mike C from Bingham and he said Bob got 2 cats on sat.Didnt know if they were the same ones or not.

Tobey,thats what i call a community kill.Everyone that knows someone in the hunt can claim a part of it.LOL
A few years ago a 490 lb bear was taken with hounds here in N.H. I talked to at least 5 different people who asked if I had heard of the big bear THEY had taken.Thats one thing with me Dale.If I say I got or did something you can be assured it was me and my dogs.I very very seldom run with anyone else that has hounds.
I like running my pack alone.I dont catch as much game as a lot of groups do but I get my own dogs on everything I run.I dont have anything against running with different guys with different dogs but it sure doesnt give the same feeling as knowing that all the hounds involved belong to me.Also I like feeling independent knowing that I have a complete pack of dogs,start to finish.
On the down side though is that it is hard to find people to go at times.Most guys that love to run hounds end up with their own dogs.But if you go together alot of times you must leave something at home or in the truck.What are you going to do, right ???

Sure is George,We had her here 2 yrs ago during bear season and she is a outstanding hound on bear.She has only been on a few cats and has a lot to learn but she's doing a great job.The man that owed her got out of bear hunting and gave her to us as long as he can come up and hunt now and then.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Toby-If ya ever wnat to run a lion with the little bluetic just let me know. Would be glad to go along with ya justr for fun. The only catch is ya might want to keep her chained up as we had one just like her three years ago and she dies of a twisted gut. We really loved that dog and she was like yours a heck of a dog. Maybe you and George might want to come out sometime together. If ya do i would suggest in November. They lowered the quotas here close so bad that it closed Nov sometime about thanksgiving i think. Any time before that we could find one to run. Your dogs would pick it right up. Only one catch besides that we want to go hunting with our dogs for bear somewhere. Seems like a long way to go to hunt a bear but who knows!~ bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Bcat I have a male walker that I bought from a man that goes to Utah every winter and hunts lions and took him along for 2 years,
He says he went real good on them.He is my top dog right now, has treed and bayed numerous bear all by himself.And can cold trail a 2 day old Bobcat track.I would love to see him at a lion tree some time.Eny time you wont to come hunting the bunk house is open and the coffee pots on!!!!!!And I bet we can get George P out of little Boston to join us (he he he)

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey,whenevr you want to head out to tree a lion let me know.I am ready to go right now.In fact,if I had the chance to go next week I would take the time from work and go on a couple of days notice.Please keep me in mind if you really make plans some time.Thanks

Next week would work good for me guys!!! Ya have to go about 80 miles from my house to hunt right now, but there are lots of bobcats there, just steep rocky country! We could see how the dogs do in the rocks!!!! There is still 5 lions left on the quota in that area. Middle of no where, but if ya wanna come I will be ready! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Bcat and George
If I could afford the gas to get to a gas station I would be loaded and on the way LOL
I don't have any extra money till beaver season is over and the hides are sold.Only a few cat hunters this year.I have got a sport that said he would pay my way and supply the wheels to haule me and my hounds wherever we can lion hunt as long as he got the first one.Maybe we can work something out Bcat for next year.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back