Hey Big Fatties...what are you wearing?

jryoung

My brother needs some better hunting clothing and I'm wondering if you or your hunting partners measure 6'4" 280ish and have a 42-44 waist/34 inseam.

Those measurements put him out of Sitka, KUIU, Kryptex or other backpacking gear so I'm wondering if there are any other comparable soft shell type items.

I think some of the Russell stuff ran pretty large, if you can still get your hands on any, not sure if anyone still has much in stock.

I'm as heavy, though not as tall as your brother so I have some experience in this field. Though a bit "low tech" compared to what you ask, but Cabelas Microtex is pretty good and comes "big fatty" sizes. I wear some since I am fat. That with a decent rainshell and insulating layers have gotten me through some pretty good hunts in a variety of weather conditions.

Though not from a hunting company, I've never had all that much trouble finding stuff in my sizes at REI or through Patagonia. Granted that's not often been for soft shell type stuff, but stuff of good materials nontheless.

Everything I'm wearing in this picture minus the hat, gloves, and boots came from either REI or a Pataguccie outlet store.

Though I've not even handled any, but core4element carries bigger sizes and I have read some pretty favorable reviews.
https://core4element.com/size-charts/

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that is the only size Walmart orders when they get hunting clothes

Hey, screw you, I'm big boned! (in my best Eric Cartman voice) I'm closer to 6'2 and 280 with a 40" waist and I will second the notion that you can get good stuff from Cabela's, I have always been happy with the Microtex stuff as well.

I was worried about what pictures I might find on this thread. Glad to see the posters here with some taste.

sitka runs up to 3xl im 6'2" and 300 lbs their stuff fits me just fine u might have to buy it at their web site but have found some of their stuff on amazon or midway usa

My brother really is big boned. When he was stationed at Ft. Riley he had a 55 gallon drum pop loose while riding in the back of a 5 ton. His legs were propped up and the rim of the drum hit right on his shin and peeled the skin back like the lid on a can of sardines...but somehow some way no broken bones or ligament damage.

I always enjoyed being 2nd biggest in the family, but now my nephew has got be by an inch....Dad unfortunately is the runt.

Ditto 1 pointer. Cabelas has lots of stuff for us fatties, and plenty of stuff way too tall for me.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back