Hey 1_pointer!

dgibson

No, this is not going to be an IU bashing post. ;) I thought that, as a fellow student of things that go boom, you might want to know about a book I recenly picked up that seems to be pretty decent. It's "Understanding Firearm Ballistics," by Robert Rinker ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0964559846/qid=1017242115/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3768858-5703928 ). It covers everything from when the primer goes "bang" to when the bullet stops on the other side of the target. It's written so that you can get really involved in the mathematics, or just learn the basic theories, and seems to be written in very understandable terms. It could use a grammar editor in places, but all in all it seems to be a very worthwhile book.

I'm hoping that if I read it I'll someday grow up to be a bullet head like Dan and the gang here. ;)

Hey thanks for the tip!!! I'll have check that one out. I just can't seem to learn enough, I guess that's why Moosie call me a NERD. :D

Kinda nice to see IU back in the Final Four and to get there by winning in Lexington made it all the sweeter!!!!!

Everybody around here is disappointed that UK got beat, but they are THRILLED that Duke got defeated, even if by IU. There are even pictures floating around of the Duke team crying in the UK locker room (seeing Duke crying in Kentucky's locker room? Priceless!). :D

Moosie'd better be careful calling you a nerd, 'cuz you're a nerd with a .338 Win Mag. That jinxes nerd jokes every time! ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-27-2002 08:52: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaronf257
Back