Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Here we go again...Update

Redman

Just wanted to update you on my wife Casey and here recovery process.
She is supposed to be a month behind from where she was this time last year. Last year she walked for the first time on her prothsteic leg April 23 (her birthday).
She tried putting it on a month ago (which is way to soon) and successfully got it to lock on...but hurt like heck and her knee would give out. She was bummed but I told her she is a month behind and the Dr. confirmed what I was telling her was correct. Casey started coming to the gym with me and I showed her how to carefully work her leg/stump. Yesterday she went to my friend who makes prothsteics to see if we needed to remold it. I get a text from her saying it fits perfectly and she is walking around! I get home and she has it on and we went to the gym and worked out! She amazes me! She should not have been able to be walking on her prothsteic until the end of May!
We canceled our Alaska black bear adventure because we felt she wouldn't be read....hummm maybe we can make it after all!
Thank you HT family for you prayers and support!

You, @Redman, just put a little spring in my own step to start the morning! Thanks for the update and wishing the best for you and your wife’s rehab.

Nice to hear some good news for once.

I'm hoping the bear trip works out. I had a great time doing last spring.

Nice to hear some good news for once.

I'm hoping the bear trip works out. I had a great time doing last spring.
The spring bear hunt would be great but it would be best to wait until next year. Might have to do a summer fishing trip instead.. She is crazy about fishing!

Back