Help!!

IDduckhntr

I drew the unit 38 turkey tag. The only problem is the guy with the access to the farm didn't. I've never hunted turkeys before-any advice you guys can give to an unlucky-lucky guy?? I heard some gobbles at Ft Boise last fall duck hunting but not sure how much of that is closed "for waterfowl production". Any turkeys at Lake Lowell?? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated

ID,
No turkeys at Lake Lowell. Like Cam says ask the landowner for access?
I hope you attend some seminars, pattern your gun, and arm yourself with the knowledge of how to stay safe, or even attend our NWTF banquet.
WD

Most landowners (who actually farm the land) I know really love the turkeys on their place, that is until they actually get a large flock living there. I have an uncle in middleton on the river who would probably let anyone who knocked on his door to hunt. They tear up the fall grain and crap in the silage pit. He told me to come hunt them and I said I didn't draw a tag. He said "So?"

Go knock on the guys door and drop your friends name, tell him you drew but he didn't. I bet ya get on.

You never get anything for free if you dont ask for it. Like IDHunters said tell him you got the draw.

Now whats up with these draws, are they special tags or to hunt turkey you have to be drawn to hunt a preferred area ??

Not sure how asking the person who owns the land will work out-it was a "put in for the tag and you can come with me" thing. Wierd deal I guess. Anyway, I will take the asking advice-never had much luck knocking on doors but I am a little older now. Cameron-it is a controlled hunt area, can't hunt it without the tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back