Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Help with spotting scope.

caryo15

I am looking for a new packable spotting scope. Looking at the Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski (all 62-65mm). I know they are all good, thought someone might have some preferences. My priorities are clairity, brightness, weight and ruggedness and in that order. It seems they all have high end models with ???different glass??? (more expensive), are these models worth the extra money?
Also does everyone prefer the straight or angled eye piece?
Cary

I carry a Seeadler 25x60. It's about 12 inches long and weighs about 14 ounces. It has an angled eyepiece and nice bright clear optics.

cool.gif

The units you are lookig at are all WAY out of my price range. That being said, I have done some research on the subject.
Angled eye pieces are better for just about everything except in the field hunting, where a stright scope is easyer to get on a target fast, and like Ithica said, keep your head down out of sight.
The "ED" glass is said to give truer colors and slightly better resolution ( sharpness of imege ) Since you are looking at very nice top end scopes, why not spend the extra and get the very best.
When spending that kind of money, you really should try to look at all three in person, side by side if possable. Choose the one you like best and don't look back. They are all GREAT scopes, you can't go wrong ( until your wife see's the credit card bill )
eek.gif

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back