Caribou Gear Tarp

Help with colorado

174in

I have searched the colorado fish and game page and cant find anything about just applying for a prefernce point can someone give me some info?

You can apply for a preference point only for all species (except desert bighorn...no points), but you must submit the entire tag fee and wait for a refund.

You can apply for a preference point only for all species (except desert bighorn...no points), but you must submit the entire tag fee and wait for a refund.

Every species in Colorado save Desert BH have a preference point hunt code you can readily guess in a pinch.

1st letter is 1st letter of the species name, then a 'P', then fives '9's then a 'P"

Elk E-P-999-99-P etc.

Instead of looking through the webpage, look at the hunting regs booklet. It is all detailed in there.

"But the catch is submitting the full price and then waiting on that refund. "

We like it that way! better draw odds. Betting New Mexico will be easier (not easy but easier) to draw this year with that $750 up front fee...

So for those of us broke folk, if we apply at the last second how long would we have to wait to have most of our precious money returned to us?

It has been my experience that you can expect your refund about 2 weeks after the posted drawing dates, which are listed below by species:

Rocky Mtn Bighorn Sheep April 28
Mountain Goat April 29
Desert Bighorn Sheep April 30
Bear May 13
Moose May 14
Elk June 1
Deer June 3
Pronghorn June 16
Leftover Elk July 22
Leftover Deer July 22
Fall Turkey July 27

So the way I understand CO nonres apps for sheep is that they are mail in only.

Where is said application found? I've looked in the online sheep/goat regs and can't find it....

Yes, non-residents can only apply by mail for sheep.

Unfortunately, I believe the applications are only in the hard copy of the brochure...not available on-line. Do you need one?

Thanks Oak,

I've just orded a set of hard copy sheep/goat regulations from the governor. It should get here in plenty of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back