Help judging Pronghorns

1_pointer

I know these are pretty small and have seen some noticably larger this summer. But, could you guys give me some estimates on these two. I'm guessing 12-13" for each.
Pronghorns_Skull_Valle_UT_8_4_03_1.sized.jpg

Pronghorns_Skull_Valle_UT_8_4_03_2.sized.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-09-2003 09:03: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

THanks GH, that's the voice of reason I was looking for. These guys were right by the road for two days at the puddle. I'll see if I can't get some pics of bigger ones later.

I took some photos during a scouting trip this year. Here's a little freak buck, dinky but cool looking freak horn.
Little_Freak2.jpg

A few 13-14" type bucks:

Mudbuck_low_res.jpg

Wet_Lope_Bolting.jpg

Then finally 35 yards from a big one. I had a tripod, big honking lens (420mm) great lighting, the works.. but I was so excited about it that I didn't get his head into the viewfinder.
wink.gif
He's got a real knarly scar on his belly. It's possibly from a freak lobster trapping attempt.

ONE.sized.jpg

TWO.sized.jpg

THREE.sized.jpg

He is obviously scared shitless:
Weenie.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-30-2003 00:34: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

AHHH no horns on the latter pictures. I sure wish I could see them with the Horns on them, I'm guessing they are in the 11"-12" range jsut judging from the Bases of them.
tongue.gif
I like the Peeing one though
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks GH. So, from looking at your pics, if the prongs are above the ears it would be a decent buck? Those pics rock, did you take them with an 35mm or some time of digital? Thanks again, and good luck with the Lobster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back