Caribou Gear

Help a confused rookie out...

For a bunch of guys who like to brag about how many coyotes they kill each summer. It's amazing to me that you don't even know what one looks like.

Cripes, I even took a few looking like that during the summer back in Indiana. That's a typical adult coyote during the summer in AZ.

Don't you even walk out to look at what you've shot?

W@W
"Looks like a lean,summer time,Arizona coyote to me"
I did not punctuate with any funny faces,smileies or use any goading language.Upon seeing the photo, I posted what came to mind....period. Some of my posts contain such language AND intent, but these are in response to threads that warrant that type of answer.Yours, was not one of those kind,you asked an honest question,I gave a ten word honest answer.
And yes, I have seen a few Arizona coyotes, even a few that look an awful lot like the one your posing with. As Cal suggests, maybe the camera doesn't do it justice, but that mans seen more coyotes than anyone here I would imagine, if he concurs with my wild assed swag, I feel pretty safe, but hey, you were there,not me, I can only speak to what I see in the photo. By the way, hell of a shot, was that intended or did it rock up as the trigger finger was rocking down? Ive shot an awful lot of coyotes, but I bet I can count on three fingers the number of ones that took it in the bean.....now Tim, there's a guy who has knocked a few heads
smile.gif

Ive killed quite a few coyotes in AZ and never seen one with hair that short. its head also looks a little different.

Ive shot pups that had longer fur than that.

But like someone said its hard to tell via a picture. its a pretty cool one though. I like the fur on that one.

I am sure its possible it could have bred with a domestic dog.
Delw

It may well be a summertime coyote. It may also be a Coydog.. Half Coyote half domestic dog. There were lots of those running around when I first moved to Arizona.

cool.gif

Bala, funny thing is, I've taken 2 coyotes off my ladder. This one was 20 yards on the move. Here's the other one. He was 80 yds out and all I could see was his head. This one was as lucky a shot as they come.
fc56fd65.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back