Helmet laws are a good thing.

Only been riding for almost a year and logged in over 14k miles. I did take the course and was the only person to pass it with 100% , @ 59 in August I am not one for taking chances or drive like I have something to prove. I traded in the sporty for the flht I knew I would feel better with that bike and settle into just crusing.
Can't wait to get it out of the shop and take a Cruse down to KY
Ya'll be safe out there.

Wearing a helmet is a good thing. Not sure that mandating it is, though.

Try as they might, society will never be able to fully regulate STUPID. I've been on the ground "hard" a couple of times while riding when I was younger. Each time it was the helmet that I chose to wear that took the brunt of the implact. No drain bramage here :D

Went on a group ride today. Don't know exactly what happened, but an older guy(I'm 42) dumped it going around a twistie.

Zach, if you and your group ever want to go on an ambitious ride of a lifetime, come across the country to East Tennessee and Western NC and ride the internationally known "Tail of the Dragon"; 318 curves in 11 miles of road, A similar piece of road is the NE boundary road of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park; Tennessee state road #32. Not as ambitious or well known as the DT, but an experience nonetheless. Google "dragon's tail" to get the story and several minutes of video.

Michigan recently enacted the no helmet law. I was told that insurance rates were going to increase by $35/year avg. for everyone because of this. I hope this is not true!It's true. Everyone's insurance will go up, and you have to opt to pay an extra $10 when you renew your license to be "legal" w/o a helmet.

Zach, if you and your group ever want to go on an ambitious ride of a lifetime, come across the country to East Tennessee and Western NC and ride the internationally known "Tail of the Dragon"; 318 curves in 11 miles of road, A similar piece of road is the NE boundary road of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park; Tennessee state road #32. Not as ambitious or well known as the DT, but an experience nonetheless. Google "dragon's tail" to get the story and several minutes of video.

tarheel, The Dragon is on my list. I'd like to ride it with my current cruiser and my future cafe bike.

Back when I was riding (82 Suzuki 750 GS) I read an article about a guy who dropped a bike in a race, while doing about 130. He was wearing full leathers, and did not hit anything solid. As he described it, sliding along the ground was absolute chaos and noise, then he would hit a bump and everything would get reeaal quiet for a while...

...note the helmet.

grahamcotreeofshame.jpg

This is the Tree of Shame at Deal’s Gap. Deal’s Gap is located near a stretch of road known as the Tail of the Dragon, a section of US129 that has 318 curves in the span of 11 miles. Motorcyclists, sports car enthusiasts, and other serious drivers come from all over the nation to take the Tail of the Dragon. The Tree of Shame is covered in parts of wrecked motorcycles and cars that didn’t make it through the Dragon. A sign on the other side of the tree reads “No gain, but a lot of pain!” Thankfully, none of the drivers of these particular vehicles were badly injured.

I couldn't care less about helmets but I'm tired of chubby, balding, possibly impotent 55-year-old men blowing out my ear drums with those damn loud pipes being “bad to the bone”.

I couldn't care less about helmets but I'm tired of chubby, balding, possibly impotent 55-year-old men blowing out my ear drums with those damn loud pipes being “bad to the bone”.

I realize you and your college roommate hooked-up once, let it go, you're not gay, just bi:D

Dink, meds run out?:D

You're quoting yourself?:eek:

I'm on a roll; I just spent the weekend down in SW Colorado. Durango, Bayfield, Cortez and I've had enough!!!!!!!!!

A co-worker told me about that south park episode today, Randall is the man for bringing it to my attention.

NHYand all other HT Harley riders aside………….. I like to walk up to one of them leaning on the throttle over and over at a stop light and push the whole thing over and watch them struggle. Like a turtle/blonde on their back…………fugged:D;)

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back