Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hell's Canyon?

Woodrow

Any of yall ever hunted around a place called Hell's Canyon in NE Oregon/NW Idaho? I have a buddy that just got back from hunting that area for elk (Oregon side) and they didn't see much, but he did say it was good looking country and they saw some nice mulies. Just curious.

Not anymore....

Ever since the wolves were returned to Idaho (and they have now tracked them across Hells Canyon into the Wallowas in Oregon) there ain't crap to hunt in Hells Canyon. Not worth the waste of fuel/time/$$$$$.... :mad:

But in case you want to know what it looks like, here is a picture.....

Spring03_023.sized.jpg

(actually, as I can't find my gallery, I can't post the pictures..., but if you ever find my gallery, you can see pictures of Hells Canyon....) :mad:

last wednesday I saw 18 branch bulls over there in 1 day. 11 of them were 6 points. swear to god. It was on our ride in to drop some hunters off (dropcamp). They got 4 of the 6 points.

Congrats, Dan K.

You have received the Dr. Frankenstein CPR Award for reviving the deadest thread in a long time.

Hope you don't drink milk without checking the date first.

Spend a lot of time there. One of my favorite places on earth. The country is steep and rugged. My favorite as I can get away from people. There are all sorts of animals, mulies, whitetails, elk, sheep, chukar, ect. The fishing is awesome for bass, sturgeon, and steelhead. Some of the coolest country around.

Holy Crap Dan.... a 6 1/2 year old thread with 4 Posts!!!! Wow... How did you find it???

By the way, I've been in Hells Canyon..... an amazing place. Went in from Riggins, through 7 Devils... saw deer and mt. goats... and skeeters...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back