Hello From Virginia

ShortAction

New to the site and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. 60 years old and retired from the Post Office. Grew up in the Carolina's and Tennessee hunting small game. Started deer and turkey hunting after retiring from the Air Force and settling in the Roanoke area. Hunt State or Federal land exclusively and enjoy camping in the process. Still enjoy squirrel hunting with my .22 rifle. Hunt deer with rifle and muzzleloader. Considering a trip out west, but none of my friends seem to be willing or able. I'm still working on them, though. :) I have been to Montana 3 of the last 4 years visiting my daughter. Did a lot of hiking and some camping all over the state and Wyoming also. Absolutely loved it out there. Anyway, if any of you guys are near me and want to get together for hunting or hiking that would be great. dp

Welcome, I hope you can connect with someone on here to go hunting.

Sounds like you already have a positive foot forward with 3 trips there.

Welcome from West Virginia.

To break into hunting the West, you could visit your daughter in May or September and add a spot and stalk bear hunt to your trip.

Welcome to HT. I lived in Roanoke a little while now west of there in God's country. I saw a few nice bucks while running around Potts mountain while up there way back.

Welcome, I own land up the road from you in Bath and Alleghany Va.

Welcome! I have two kids in college at Washington & Lee. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back