Hello from Utah.

Hoopermat

Hello all.
Mat here from hooper Utah
I've been a waterfowl and upland bird hunter for most my life due to work hours never was able to hunt big game.
Now that's changed I am headed out for my first mule deer hunt this weekend and this year a got a couple of elk tag to follow.

It will be nice to have all you for conversation and advise

Welcome HooperMat. What can you tell me about The Swan hunt up by you? We have three tags between me and my two daughters. Never hunted them but going to try our best.

Welcome! I lived in Clinton for a few years.

elkantlers- The swan hunt is a pretty good time, but IME it's mostly stand along the same dike on the Refuge as everyone else and wait for one to get close/low enough. I'd also spring for some of the heavier than lead shot vs. standard steel. Hevi-shot worked great.

welcome!

you live a great state. finally drew and will chasing lopes there on Saturday in the nine mile Anthro Myton bench area.

What do want to know. About swans. I also have a tag this year for them.
I live in a place where it's almost like cheating for swans. And I have hunted them a lot.
Pm me and I'll give you some directions.
As far as what I'd be willing to share here is
If you have a boat Start at Ogden bay unit 3. Mid to late November. If you have goose floaters cover them with snow goose rags. Works good for swans. I have a dozens decoys I use. If a foot soldier you can try Howard slough. But lots of jack**** there. or south of Harold crane. Those both have walk in access

Thanks for the replys about the Swans. I will get some of the heavy shot and try it. It will be fun getting out with my girls if nothing else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back