Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from the Yukon River

Ykrvak

Just thought I should say Hi. I’m from the Yukon River in Alaska’s western interior where my wife and I have our home and business. All of our hunting is done on public land which we’re very fortunate to have an abundance of in this area. I was drawn to the site by seeing Randy’s posts on another forum. I checked out Fresh Tracks, and although I’ve never been a fan of “hunting” shows, I appreciated his attitude towards the use of public land, hunting, and his ethics regarding the animals he was after. I also want to thank Randy and Mrs. Fin for all their hard work in putting together and maintaining this forum. I’ve attached a couple pics to give an idea of where I am and what the area is like.

4E470280-E577-4C93-BB9C-839BECC8FABD.jpeg44235E93-7A4A-4F5A-A958-B0A1E5EC67C0.jpegD5FFD247-997B-4583-A2A6-F71622FCBED8.jpegCAB9065D-01FB-43A5-9FA6-C660CE439BBC.jpeg

Welcome. You live in one of America's truly wild and remarkable places. I need to get back to your part of Alaska, soon.

Welcome you sure live in God's country up there. Back in 2012 I was lucky enough to spend a week up on the koyukuk. What an adventure let me tell ya. Would love to do that again someday.

Welcome to the forum. Absolutely love Alaska! After lots of looking and near misses we're finally going to close on some property up there. Vacation spot for now, future retirement place. More pictures please!

Thanks for the welcome John

brownbear, The Koyukuk is a beautiful river system. I’m glad you were able to enjoy it!

Dave, in what part of the state is your property?

It's just outside of Willow. Not much to brag about, about an acre and a half with a small dry cabin plus a well, septic system and electricity from a previous house that has been removed. It's our foot in the door at least! Build a house later, bring in a double wide maybe. Not sure. Can always sell or trade for something else later on.

Dave. Hey, it’s a start. If you don’t have a bunch invested then it’s easier to be mobile once you’ve been up here a little while and had a look around.

Tanana is the next village above us. It’s a good 105 mile ride. Were you there working on the runway or something?

Welcome! It doesn't take many pics like the ones you posted to make me jealous! What a beautiful and amazing place to live!

“Tanana is the next village above us. It’s a good 105 mile ride. Were you there working on the runway or something?”

We were building an addition on the Diesel generating plant to house generator #3

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back