MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello from SW Michigan

Foolem

from the great SWMI
I enjoy fooling coyotes to step on a 2inch square of soil. That’s where the tag fool’em comes from.
I’m a trapper at heart but if it’s got fur or feathers I’m usually trying to figure out how to get hanging in my shop for hide or meat.
Recently got back from my first elk hunt in SW Montana. I have a big empty space in my freezer because I did not find an elk less smart than me. Was a great hunt with my dad and I saw a ton of great country. Even saw a few elk and my old man got a cow.
Starting to plan the next hunt now. Not sure if it will be elk cause at 66 the elk hunting was tough on my old man. I would be back chasing elk next season somewhere but I’m waiting for him to decide what he wants to do. Figure I’ll hunt with him wherever that is as long as he is able to go. Don’t know how many more adventures he has left in him.
good luck all.

66 is a tough age to start elk hunting. Especially at higher elevations. You don't have to be in tip top condition but you must build up your endurance. Recovery after a tough day is a lot slower. Urge him to go along but pace himself. It isn't necessarily how far you go but where you go.

Sometimes it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.

she can just add it to her list.

Back