Hello from Southern CA

Welcome for CO! 7 states is most definitely a long term commitment. It's very interesting to read what drives and motivates each person to hunt or what their bucket list might be.

I have a goal of taking a bull elk for every year I've been alive. Currently I'm 28 with 8 bulls in 9 years so I most definitely need to step up my game to make up for all the years I didn't hunt. Currently I am building points in AZ with the intent to hunt there is 3-4 years. I put in for NM every year but rarely draw, hopefully this year. My dad has always wanted to hunt Idaho so we picked up tags in December for this fall, excited for that! Next year we will either go for Montana or Wyoming.

Being a CO resident I will hunt elk here each and every year putting away a few cows and hopefully another bull.

Hunting opportunities are plentiful if you are willing to wait or take on less desirable hunts. Some of the toughest hunts can be the most productive if you are willing to put in the work that other's aren't.

Best of luck and welcome to Hunt Talk!

Welcome for CO! 7 states is most definitely a long term commitment. It's very interesting to read what drives and motivates each person to hunt or what their bucket list might be.

I have a goal of taking a bull elk for every year I've been alive. Currently I'm 28 with 8 bulls in 9 years so I most definitely need to step up my game to make up for all the years I didn't hunt. Currently I am building points in AZ with the intent to hunt there is 3-4 years. I put in for NM every year but rarely draw, hopefully this year. My dad has always wanted to hunt Idaho so we picked up tags in December for this fall, excited for that! Next year we will either go for Montana or Wyoming.

Being a CO resident I will hunt elk here each and every year putting away a few cows and hopefully another bull.

Hunting opportunities are plentiful if you are willing to wait or take on less desirable hunts. Some of the toughest hunts can be the most productive if you are willing to put in the work that other's aren't.

Best of luck and welcome to Hunt Talk!
What motivates me to hunt is an interesting question, people have asked me why I started (I read "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" and it put hunting on my radar for the first time), but nobody has asked me what motivates me. I think it's a combination of learning an extremely valuable skill and feeling a connection to the outdoors. I've learned lots of things since I started, especially about all the land surrounding the city I live in. I always thought I was knowledgeable about the area I was raised in Arizona, but when I checked Onx I was apparently walking distance from hundreds of miles of public land. I had no idea. I guess I didn't know my own hometown as well as I thought.

Putting in for points is great, but don't forget there are some states with over the counter and left over tags so you can just pick one up and get after it.

Awesome remember you don’t need top of the line everything, most of my hiking back pack camping gear I get from my sister. She goes to the thrift shop in Truckee CA and I’ve ended up with some real quality stuff for $30 here 20$ there it’s crazy the stuff I’ve found through her. I think some wealthy people throw it out if it doesn’t match their new boots lol. My brother in law got new waders there Patagonia looked newer than my 1yr old Simms and he paid 65$ for them, couldn’t believe that one. Just remember people have been killing animals for years in flannels and wool pants. Camouflage is good and today’s patterns are crazy good. But that’s not what locates or kills the animal.
You said it bro. Where are you located?

Welcome from SW NM.

I grew up in Pasadena between orange and avo orchards. LA county produced more dairy than WI then. LOL
Then SLO county for years.

I thought this thread looked familiar, lol. No more impostor syndrome, I'm a hunter now and have my own secrets!

Welcome from the south pacific. Nz/aust.
So have you hunted the famous otc in colorado?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back