SITKA Gear

Hello from Southern CA

QELKhunter

Welcome for CO! 7 states is most definitely a long term commitment. It's very interesting to read what drives and motivates each person to hunt or what their bucket list might be.

I have a goal of taking a bull elk for every year I've been alive. Currently I'm 28 with 8 bulls in 9 years so I most definitely need to step up my game to make up for all the years I didn't hunt. Currently I am building points in AZ with the intent to hunt there is 3-4 years. I put in for NM every year but rarely draw, hopefully this year. My dad has always wanted to hunt Idaho so we picked up tags in December for this fall, excited for that! Next year we will either go for Montana or Wyoming.

Being a CO resident I will hunt elk here each and every year putting away a few cows and hopefully another bull.

Hunting opportunities are plentiful if you are willing to wait or take on less desirable hunts. Some of the toughest hunts can be the most productive if you are willing to put in the work that other's aren't.

Best of luck and welcome to Hunt Talk!

Zak

Welcome for CO! 7 states is most definitely a long term commitment. It's very interesting to read what drives and motivates each person to hunt or what their bucket list might be.

I have a goal of taking a bull elk for every year I've been alive. Currently I'm 28 with 8 bulls in 9 years so I most definitely need to step up my game to make up for all the years I didn't hunt. Currently I am building points in AZ with the intent to hunt there is 3-4 years. I put in for NM every year but rarely draw, hopefully this year. My dad has always wanted to hunt Idaho so we picked up tags in December for this fall, excited for that! Next year we will either go for Montana or Wyoming.

Being a CO resident I will hunt elk here each and every year putting away a few cows and hopefully another bull.

Hunting opportunities are plentiful if you are willing to wait or take on less desirable hunts. Some of the toughest hunts can be the most productive if you are willing to put in the work that other's aren't.

Best of luck and welcome to Hunt Talk!
What motivates me to hunt is an interesting question, people have asked me why I started (I read "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" and it put hunting on my radar for the first time), but nobody has asked me what motivates me. I think it's a combination of learning an extremely valuable skill and feeling a connection to the outdoors. I've learned lots of things since I started, especially about all the land surrounding the city I live in. I always thought I was knowledgeable about the area I was raised in Arizona, but when I checked Onx I was apparently walking distance from hundreds of miles of public land. I had no idea. I guess I didn't know my own hometown as well as I thought.

Bemisaur

Putting in for points is great, but don't forget there are some states with over the counter and left over tags so you can just pick one up and get after it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gunstar