Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hello from northern WY

mango307

Long time hunter, short time lurker.

I hunt the Big Horns for elk, deer, and blue grouse and love hunting down in the Big Horn Basin for pheasant, chukars, huns, and sage grouse with my GSP and English setter.

One interesting note, years ago I invented the "Grouse Slam," which was my name for bagging the 4 species of grouse that live in Wyoming, in one single day of hunting. The closest I ever came to achieving that feat was a late September day when my brother and I shot a sage grouse on the west side of the Big Horns, a blue grouse on top of the Horns, and a sharp-tailed grouse down near Sheridan. Sadly, we ran out of daylight before we could find a ruffed grouse. Maybe I'll give it another shot next year.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learn from your experiences!

Last edited:
Welcome and feel free to post some pics. My wife and I are looking at property in Buffalo and Sheridan. WY is the “last best place” in the US!

I used to hunt multiple states with my GSPs. Miss it. Now that we are building our LAST home just outside of Buffalo, I am starting to feel the "upland itch" again!
Welcome!

I used to hunt multiple states with my GSPs. Miss it. Now that we are building our LAST home just outside of Buffalo, I am starting to feel the "upland itch" again!
Welcome!
There's some great hunting over on that side of the mountain.

Yes, the wife grew up there and we have been going out there for 24 years. We hike and fly fish in the summers and I big game hunt in the fall out there. We have "kicked up a few"! 😁 Three more months until I can go out there permanantly! My wife is already working there. Can't wait.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back