Caribou Gear Tarp

heating a wall tent????

Muley Crazy

Had a quick question about using coal in a wall tent. Has anyone ever burned coal in there wall tent/wood burning stove? I can get 100 lbs for $10.00 and it will save a lot of room in my truck & the area Im hunting has very few trees in the area so I would have to hual all of my wood 5.5 hrs. I was told that that coal burns very hot and could burn a hole in my stove. I thought I could put some type of grate in the stove to keep the coal off the bottom. thanks for any advice

If anyone has the late muzzy tag in 37/37A tag here in ID and is looking for a hunting partner I am rolling solo, my hunting buddy that drew with me is going to be out of town for the entire season. Poor guy we have been planning for this hunt the day the draws came out.:eek: thanks MC

I've never burned coal in a tent stove but I can say that coal does burn a lot hotter than wood. Back East in coal country, I have found coal heat to be too hot often times for homes. I can see how coal would be beneficial to burn in a drafty tent. I am curious to how it turns out.

Usually coal burns a lot hotter than wood and it's probably not wise to use it. Camping wood stoves are usually not made for coal use. If you know the manufacturer of the stove ,you might contact them.

Back