MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Health Care??????

Yankeebucktracker...

Do you remember when GW supported extending the AWB?

Another fact that slipped your mind?

What pass are you going to give GW?

The National Rifle Association (NRA) - the powerful pro-gun interest group - has been fighting hard to oppose the renewal.

But in a surprise move, the Bush administration - who on a number of issues has supported the NRA - came out in support of the move.

"The assault weapon ban was crafted with the thought that it would deter crime," White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said on Thursday.

"Often the president will agree, of course, with the National Rifle Association," Mr Fleischer added. "On this issue, he does not."

Does it make sense for a gun grabbing liberal to pass legislation that EXPANDS where you can have them? Also, you're wrong, prior to Obama passing the legislation, you were banned from having a firearm in any national park...period.

BTW, what laws has Obama passed that have slowed down your ability to buy firearms? Just curious?

Oh, I'm not a liberal, I fully support the second and dont care for anyone that treads on same. The difference is, I actually look at the FACTS and dont make excuses for either party.

Precisely why I'm a registered Independent...

Sorry to get in the way of your "cold hard facts"...

I actually have many Liberal friends. In most cases I like liberals! But Bush the second was the one who overturned the 25 year ban on loaded guns in National parks. He did so in 2008.
I was aked by another member 4 score and 20 comments ago who in the white house was anti gun. I submitted the info that mrs Clinton and joe Biden were avid anti-gun critics and the Obama has a weak gun record. He has just reinforced power to the states which ANY U.S. president should do. My party has lost it's way. it's too big, to worried about stepping on toes and not worried enough about citizens rights. I still whole heartedly believe they are better for America than what the Democratic party has in store for us.

I'm actually just referring to Ponzi schemes in general--someone says gun legislation and Republicans parlay this into images of dark sedans coming to your house to take away grandpappy's heirloom shotgun. That's all I will say about that. How did we get from health care to Madoff? Oh, I know, deflection and redirection to the topics that insight greater return of emotional dividends, i.e. a Ponzi scheme of sort.

And look at the severe gun control laws in historicly and currently run democratic cities and states.
New York, Chicago, DE, DC, MA, San Francisco, Miniappolis, Detroit, Maine. All have such strick laws that gun ownership is not even encouraged.

Still no culpability for the anti-gun laws that the/your Republican party has passed....

Who'd a thunk it?

I'm actually just referring to Ponzi schemes in general--someone says gun legislation and Republicans parlay this into images of dark sedans coming to your house to take away grandpappy's heirloom shotgun. That's all I will say about that. How did we get from health care to Madoff? Oh, I know, deflection and redirection to the topics that insight greater return of emotional dividends, i.e. a Ponzi scheme of sort.

If anyone comes to your home to take your gun you have bigger issues than the 2nd ammendment! They want you for a real crime. I don;t thing Republicans think that is really going to happen it's just that's what is always on the table every time some idiot goes out and shoots someone. The fact is 99.99999% of all gun owners and users are good, hinest, safe people who do not want their freedoms threatened

You mean freedoms threatened like in the examples I gave of Reagan, Bush Sr/Jr./ etc. trying to run rough shod over the second?

Or more along the lines of the "patriot" act that Bush Jr. was so proud of? Did that legislation threaten our freedoms? I forget.

You mean freedoms threatened like in the examples I gave of Reagan, Bush Sr/Jr./ etc. trying to run rough shod over the second?

Or more along the lines of the "patriot" act that Bush Jr. was so proud of? Did that legislation threaten our freedoms? I forget.

The army could always come into your home. I agree wth the Patriot act. It dd not threaten my freedoms because I do not do anything I need to hide or be ashamed of.

Heres how you kill a thread that blames Democrats for "gun control"...and also how you shut up a yankeebucktracker.

Fuggin' hypocritical Republicans...

In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nation’s strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison.

Amen to that!!

yankeebucktracker,

Of course you agreed with it...have to follow party lines and all.

Never let that silly Constitution get in the way of your party...

I think the worms have been open for awhile. Each year the federal government makes me buy a little piece of Interstate 64, and the state government makes me have automobile insurance--why the concern now?

Let’s face it, the only way you, and I mean the proverbial you, can afford to live with cancer, heart disease, or any other chronic condition, is because I don’t have it as well. Insurance premiums are not your personal contribution to a fund that you may never draw from—they are your contribution to a fund that make it possible for anybody to draw from them; and ultimately ensure that if, heaven forbid, you need health care services they will be there. Health care as we know it cannot exist if only the chronically ill or injured were paying the way. Parts of the provisions of this legislation require a reduction in administrative costs—more money to actually fund health care. Medicaid extensions mean that if you work full time at the federal minimum wage you can still receive coverage under the new plan. Currently the poverty level in the US for a household of one is about $12,000, the new provisions extend care to those making less than 133% of the poverty level. Sadly, full time minimum wage earners fall below this mark. More people seeking primary care and preventative medicine has to mean lower health care costs overall for everyone—including business owners, both large and small, an initial investment that will return dividends in the future. Just my take.

Buzz, aren't you exempted from ACA? Serious question.

Those covered under the FEHBP are included in the ACA.

Even congress.

http://healthlawandlitigation.com/PDF/crs-on-health-care-fines.pdf

requirement_flowchart_2.gif

yankeebucktracker,

Of course you agreed with it...have to follow party lines and all.

Never let that silly Constitution get in the way of your party...

Looks to me like your the one waving the Liberal flag and drinking the dems coolaid.
You have not said one negative thing about the Democratic party while I voiced problems with my party. Must be nice to on the side where no wrong is done and the truth is blind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back