Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Headwaters Mtg tomorrow

Summer of 2009 there was a meeting in Bozeman at FWP that was attended by representatives from various sportsmen,conservation groups, and others to discuss the bad bills that were introduced during the previous legislative session. The gist of the meeting was that the several hundred thousand hunters, fishers, conservationists, and wildlife advocates should form a coalition to defeat the kind of onslaught of bad legislation as proposed this session. Unfortunately, the effort did not result in any viable organized effort. 'Not sure how to get it organized, but I think it's time to form a coalition with a loud voice to oppose those legislators who obviously are working counter to sportsmen and wildlife interests. It would be best to keep them out of the legislature. But if they return, then those bad bills need to be opposed as soon as they emerge.

Please discuss this with leadership of HSA and let's get going soon.

PS: PLWA = Public Land and Water Access Association (formerly PLAAI = Public Land Access Association Inc.) It is a public land access group that has been active and successful for several decades. It's a good organization to support.

I got a forward a week ago, and Vito Quatraro, from Headwaters, he had the Idea that anybody could join their group, without a fee. You would receive all the notices that go out, and could engage back and forth, on any subject, or idea, just not vote or participate in other club activities. This way we would be all linked up at least through that group. I think that would be a great start. There are over 17 sportsmen's clubs throughout the state that represent thousands of hunters and fisherman. We unite, we reverse this trend.

Fin has been working on a few things as well. I don't know where he finds the time.

I think we're at a stage where it will happen. We have been discussing this for a little while now.

Man, what a great meeting. Nice to see so many folks turn out for this meeting. I'll try and make the next one as well.

Drake and Lawnboy, you should have come up and talked! I ended up staying the night at some friends in Bozo, so I just brought the bar to their place. :)

Hopefully we can all get some rest and recuperate for the interim. What we just went through should never happen again.

Thanks to all for the fantastic work this session, and for standing up for wildlife, wildlife habitat conservation, and for standing up for our hunting and angling traditions!

Drake, the donut guy was there:D and the one with your name woulda been on the table:( with two others that, as promised were, if you woulda responded to my invitational post last week....oh, well - sorry I didn't know who you were. I think I maybe was sitting right next to ya on the table near the end of the meeting. See ya next mtg.

StraightArrow.....hook up with HSA and you'll be in the thick of things. People are needed to get directly involved in the effort. Let's not let another chance to get us all on the same page slip away AGAIN.

I got a forward a week ago, and Vito Quatraro, from Headwaters, he had the Idea that anybody could join their group, without a fee. You would receive all the notices that go out, and could engage back and forth, on any subject, or idea, just not vote or participate in other club activities. This way we would be all linked up at least through that group. I think that would be a great start. There are over 17 sportsmen's clubs throughout the state that represent thousands of hunters and fisherman. We unite, we reverse this trend.

Fin has been working on a few things as well. I don't know where he finds the time.

I think we're at a stage where it will happen. We have been discussing this for a little while now.

Shoots( et al), for clarification's sake.......yes definitely anybody can join HSA as a regular member. HSA's idea is to allow active members of OTHER SPORTSMENS Groups to be an honorary member of HSA, no dues owed to HSA and they will get communications from HSA.
I hope this whole "groups linking up" idea gets off the ground and is effective...we need it to be.

Shoots( et al), for clarification's sake.......yes definitely anybody can join HSA as a regular member. HSA's idea is to allow active members of OTHER SPORTSMENS Groups to be an honorary member of HSA, no dues owed to HSA and they will get communications from HSA.
I hope this whole "groups linking up" idea gets off the ground and is effective...we need it to be.

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds like a simple idea, that could work. I know that we have some things coming up in the near future, and we will need support from other sportsmans orgs.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back