Headwaters Mtg tomorrow

onpoint

One last reminder for all the folks interested in attending the Bozeman Headwaters Sportsmens Association Mtg. tomorrow night, 7pm, back entrance to MFWP Building. We will discuss this years legislative outcomes, local MFWP wildlife biologist will be on hand, and we will also discuss future issues HSA wil address. Our legislators are still pulling last minute shenanigans regarding sportsmens issues. With a couple days to go, they don't seem to be done with us quite yet. HSA will be working with other MT sportsmens/womens organizations to attempt to stop this crap from happening again. Hope to see at least some of you Gallatin area guys on here at the mtg tomorrow night.

Last edited:
I hope that many sportsman join up. Be counted, because this thing is far from over. We need to reverse many trends that started years ago. Keep up the good work.

I'm sorry Onpoint. I really meant to make it, but my buddy passed his EMT course tonight, so I had to show up for a few beers. I'm an ass. I apologize.

Sorry Mdunc I ate your cruller :D Thanks Onpoint it was a good meeting. Nice blizzard to drive home in as well. I'm starting to wonder what the sun looks like.:(

I would but I've got to hit the hay. Looks like I'm going to be plowing the offices in the morning again.:mad: It was soft and delicious by the way. Had chocolate icing on top.

Who would ruin a perfectly good doughnut with chocolate? Have fun in the morning. 3-7" tonight and another 8" tomorrow. I hope you make more plowing than mowing.

Attended mtg. tonite, along with Lawnboy and BenLamb-all the way from Helena in a snowstorm. I apologize if anyone else on here was there but I didn't know it. HSA has some plans to become more active than it already has been, in the sportsmens issues arena. There are a fair number of Gallatin guys on here. I'm sure a few are actually busy and can't make it to these things. I also know a bunch have no excuse for not being an active member of the outdoorsmen community ( other than killing things, talking about it, and voicing unqualified opinions). If you don't like being hounded about being a bench warmer - don't bother reading this. If you have a genuine interest in becoming a part of what will save and make our way of life better.....please show up. We need all of us right now.....get involved in any or a bunch of groups-actually involved. HSA will probably be having more mtgs than in the past....still lotsa time to get involved. PLWA mtg is in Bozeman this weekend...look up on their website. Thanks again to Lawnboy and Ben again....good to finally meet ya Bart-again the small world thing is pretty interesting.

Onpoint, check your private messages. What is PLWA? I just googled it and the closest thing I got was PLWHA, which stands for People Living With HIV/AIDS.

Dang I was going to introduce myself to Ben. He seems like a real warrior in this whole battle. Thanks again Ben for your hard work and I'll introduce myself next time.:(

I was looking for the guy with the free donuts..never did see him. Too bad to, because I didn't get supper until 11pm last night. That drive home was lots of fun.

I thought the meeting was very good. I always like listening to what the biologists have to say. I was going to chat with Ben as well on my way out, but he seems to be quite the popular guy, and I didn't want to delay him from the bar any longer. :)

Last edited:
Summer of 2009 there was a meeting in Bozeman at FWP that was attended by representatives from various sportsmen,conservation groups, and others to discuss the bad bills that were introduced during the previous legislative session. The gist of the meeting was that the several hundred thousand hunters, fishers, conservationists, and wildlife advocates should form a coalition to defeat the kind of onslaught of bad legislation as proposed this session. Unfortunately, the effort did not result in any viable organized effort. 'Not sure how to get it organized, but I think it's time to form a coalition with a loud voice to oppose those legislators who obviously are working counter to sportsmen and wildlife interests. It would be best to keep them out of the legislature. But if they return, then those bad bills need to be opposed as soon as they emerge.

Please discuss this with leadership of HSA and let's get going soon.

PS: PLWA = Public Land and Water Access Association (formerly PLAAI = Public Land Access Association Inc.) It is a public land access group that has been active and successful for several decades. It's a good organization to support.

Dang Drake were you sitting in the back by the wall? I don't know what everyone looks like because we rarely see close up face pictures on here. I would love to have met you and any others that I only know by their handles on here.:( Sorry about the donuts I ate both of them.

Yep..I was by the back wall, I was running late and walked in about a minute before the meeting starting. I was sitting next to the 2 giggling women in the back who were gossiping about nonsense throughout the entire meeting. No idea why they were there.

We'll have to catch up next time.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back