Caribou Gear Tarp

Head shots

powderburn

This doe was hanging around the bow zone in the Calgary area. Not the wisest choice of shot to try and pull off.
f7ff6cf3.jpg

thats one of the craziest picures i have seen. i hope someone put an end to that animals suffering.

It alway's amazes me that unethical people never stop coming thru the ranks of the human race...

EC,
I know firsthand it's NOT always a case of ethics.
I had a doe feeding in an open cut cornfield at 40 yds, quartering away, head down feeding. Set the pin, drew back, squeezing the release when her yearling blew at me just as the release let go. She spun her head around at the point of release and got the arrow directly through the neck. I spent 3 days trying to track her(her yearling was a piebald which made it a little easier). I caught sight of her through the bow season about 8 times. Never close enough to get a shot, and have never found any evidence of her demise. She was my main target for the gun & ml season but I never caught sight of her.
Sometimes doo-doo occurs!!

Chas

Same type of thing happened to a friend of mine, launched a shaft at a doe and she herd the sound. Lifted her head and looked right at him, took the shaft through the skull. Lucky for my friend, she dropped with an arrow through the brain. He has the skull, with arrow still in it, euro mounted.

This doe was seen for a couple of months. She was showing no ill effects from the arrow. These pics were takin in the spring time, about 5 months after archery season. These have to be her twins.
f7fa545c.jpg

Wow thats a wild pic...thanks for sharing!
First pic looks like she got scared right out of her pants

Chit does happen for sure- five years ago I had drew back on a toehead from a ground blind and didn't notice (shooting from my knees) that I had rolled up a bunch of crap in my bottom cam. The doe was quartering away at a fairly steep (but USUALLY decent for me) angle and at the release the cam grabbed the junk, the doe leaped forward, and my arrow caught her right inside the flank BUT skewered her femoral artery. :( She took off like a banchee but bled out fairly quickly- I still remember her running with that fletching sticking out her ass....

I would say your 100% right chas...
I didn't mean to imply they are all inapropriate, I had a little twig get in the way at what looked to be an open 40 yard side shot at a cow and hit her in the chest. I spent the next two day's on hands and knees following a trial for well over two miles and ended up losing her in heavy movement of other elk and time.

Yup, and it's not always the BOW!! Last Fall I hit a BEAUTY of a buck from 80yds with the shotgun in MA. Got out of the stand went to find the trail. Got excellent blood for 50 yds BUT only on the entry side???? After searching for 4 days I quit when 6" of snow fell. Damn nice buck and I have NO clue how or why he didn't crumple. I still look for the rack every now and then.
Doo-Doo Occurs!!
Yeah, we don't have your terrain here but we've got swamps and laurel that will make you WISH all you had to deal with was a "little" climb!! :D

Chas

I hope it was some kind of Accedent.I would hate to think there is some kind of nut running around taking head shots with a bow.
Our sport dosen,t need this kind of press.
I may have not even posted the pic.its just ammo for the bunny huggers.
Glad to see every taking a dim veiw of such practice.

The first deer I killed was a temple shot. Dropped em' like a rock too!
hump.gif
Guess being the vetran bowhunter I was, at the ripe ol' age of 14, mighta had something to do w/ the huge 14" forky rack that had caught my instinctive shooting eye. Hense the arrow placement. Unethical, hardly! Lucky? Naaa. I meant to shoot em there. :rolleyes:

I spent the next two day's on hands and knees following a trial for well over two miles and ended up losing her in heavy movement of other elk and time.
Elkchsr, If you would have gotten on your Feet you could have followed it further then 2 miles taking you 2 days.. On your Feet even a guy like you could make 2 miles in one day ;)

I don't know what word to use on that deer, the first word is AWSOME, (Animals are awsoem what they can survive with sometimes.) but it sounds like I like to see things like that, So I'll just say WOW !!! and leave it at that. O.M.G. is another thought that comes to mind.

The arrow will desolve and fall out if its alumium and will have no effect on her. Neet pic's
.My oldest son took a late evening shot and we found blood on the arrow but none to follow. He said it was a stright down shot. about a moth later I took a nice 8 point that had a 3 blade scar on the bridge of the nose. After showing him the deer I then explaned to him more about letting the deer move out a few yards befor taking the shot.
. 2 years ago I shot a 99 pound yearling I thought was a doe turned out to be a button buck with my shot gun. It was a 160 yard shot . The deer dropped . After I waited about a half hour to pick it up I looked for the entrence wound. I could not find one. And there was no blood. I started useing my fingers to fine the hole and right at the base of the skull in the center was the hole and it exited through the mouth. He turned just as I fired, go figure.

Welcome aboard Dave. I have enjoyed your pics, but what is this stuff about aluminum arrows dissolving in the animal. You sure you are not talking about fish hooks. ;)

Cool pics. It is amazing what some creatures can endure.

MT , a friend who butches or use to for me showed me some arrows that were in a deer, The heads were still there but the arrow was desolved by the chemicals in the deer. I may be wronfg but that is what I saw. Anyone else heard of this.

Back