Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hd 700 Camping

Hammsolo

Hey humans! My brother, best friend and I are headed to HD 700 to hunt deer this year. We are working to draw an elk tag there, and are going to use deer hunting to learn the land and connect until we do so. We are headed to camp there this summer. Are there any recommended spots?

Great destination, fortunately there’s a bunch of BLM, National Forest, and campgrounds if you prefer in Eastern MT.

I hunt mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn, birds, and elk out there, look forward to it every year.

Not gonna give you specific spots, but if you’ve got OnX, you’ll find tons of places to set up camp close to great areas to hunt.

Great destination, fortunately there’s a bunch of BLM, National Forest, and campgrounds if you prefer in Eastern MT.

I hunt mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn, birds, and elk out there, look forward to it every year.

Not gonna give you specific spots, but if you’ve got OnX, you’ll find tons of places to set up camp close to great areas to hunt.

Nor would I expect it. As my dad said, “In Montana men don’t share their woman, firewood spots, or hunting honey holes.” Thanks for the advice.

If you can get a reservation anywhere you'll have to do it about a year in advance.

The BMA's are good places to start and they will open in August for reservations, so be on top of that.

There is significant BLM and if you get off roads you will get into animals.

If you've not hunted that area before, search the forums for past experiences. If you don't you'll soon find the same problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back