Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Have you ever hunted a fresh burn area

Slydog

Yesterday the foothills here by Boise caught fire and burned about 3thousand acres.
As I watched it burn all I could think of was after the fire was out, how good the coyote huntin will be up there. In acouple days I will venture up there and give it a go.

My question is have you ever hunted a burn area and do you like to hunt them?

sly

Sly,I can't answer your qiestion,but I'd say in about 3 to 5 years it will be prime habitat for coyotes on down,might even catch some deer in there.I am going by my experience with new clear cuts here.

I have here in az, usually after a rain or 2 the grass's will grow.. you will see yotes moving from one place to another(basically there normal path until the fire hit)They are also curious and look around.. I would give it a month or so..
Delw

DelW,
This part of the Boise front burns quite a bit and the critters are used to it being black. My thoughts were they may be looking for a cooked meal,,LOL And I will be glad to feed them
biggrin.gif

sly

never saw one until I took my trip out west. Unbelievable, and it was still smoking! so to answer your question, never had the opportunity to do so.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back