Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Have you ever hunted a fresh burn area

Slydog

Yesterday the foothills here by Boise caught fire and burned about 3thousand acres.
As I watched it burn all I could think of was after the fire was out, how good the coyote huntin will be up there. In acouple days I will venture up there and give it a go.

My question is have you ever hunted a burn area and do you like to hunt them?

sly

Sly,I can't answer your qiestion,but I'd say in about 3 to 5 years it will be prime habitat for coyotes on down,might even catch some deer in there.I am going by my experience with new clear cuts here.

I have here in az, usually after a rain or 2 the grass's will grow.. you will see yotes moving from one place to another(basically there normal path until the fire hit)They are also curious and look around.. I would give it a month or so..
Delw

DelW,
This part of the Boise front burns quite a bit and the critters are used to it being black. My thoughts were they may be looking for a cooked meal,,LOL And I will be glad to feed them
biggrin.gif

sly

never saw one until I took my trip out west. Unbelievable, and it was still smoking! so to answer your question, never had the opportunity to do so.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back